Proform Teadmill with ifit cards..or wireless??

Options
Coming to the boards for advise. My husband surprised me with an open invitation to purchase a treadmill. I was excited until I began researching....just to many to choose from and I need to stay around $1000. I still have kids at home....

I found 2 that I really liked, both proform, both pretty heavy duty.

One has the ifit card slot, that you can purchase extra cards to put in.

The other has the new technology that has the wireless ifit, where u can hook up the ifit with internet and be able to do live runs at different locations or online against your facebook frioends with same technology, this feature is an additional monthy charge... ($129 for modular and $10 monthly)

My question is...have any of you any expierence with either of these systems? I have found a couple really great Cyber Monday deals...but cannot decide which would be better...

Any comments would be appreciated, as I will be making my final choice today when hubby gets home....

Pros or Cons anyone? TIA

Replies

• BillyLightening
    Options
    I don't have experience with those, but I'm looking at treadmills too and wanted to let you know that Horizon products come with a better warranty than Proform - lifetime on motor. :)
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Hi Debra - it's Spaniel/Susan! Saw your question about treadmills. I absolutely LOVE mine. It's a Proform I-fit that I have owned since 1998. It recently gave out on me :sad: so I am also in the market to buy a new one. I have owned all sorts of exercise equipment, but the treadmill gets used on a daily basis!!

I haven't started researching yet, but I will definitely buy another Proform. To be honest, I never hooked mine up to the computer, etc. It does have a cushion deck which makes walking better if you have knee problems, etc. I think my biggest piece of advice would be to make sure you get one that starts at "zero" incline. The lowest mine goes is 1.5% and I sometimes have trouble with my hips on the incline. Check Sears on prices - they have some good sales and usually carry Proform (at least they used to).

Good luck - let me know what you find out :smile:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Billy...:laugh: :laugh: , please don't do that to me:laugh: :laugh: another web search would kill me:wink: Just teasing...there are a lot to choose from that's for sure!...the 2 that I have looked at states on the website, lifetime on the frame and motor, they are from the Pro series, the power 995 and the 1050T, they are running some great deals today and the 1050 was actually a second pick ( out of 34 in that price range)with a consumer report ... still at around that price...I want to be sure I love it!

Thanks I will see what horizon has to offer too! I do think I looked at a few....
  • odatcindy
    Options
    I have a Proform bought from Sears and I love it. It also has the ifit card system, which I haven't used and I've had mine for about three years. It is great with the cushion and my incline starts at 0. I like mine because it folds up for easy against the wall storage. I don't think there is a need to pay the additional fees for the internet system; you can buy a variety of ifits at Sears, too.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have the ProForm elliptical with the Ifit card technology and I love it! (I know you asked about treadmills but I think you are more wondering about the Ifit) Anyway I love having the Ifit cards because it is like having your own personal trainer pushing you through your workout! This probably won't help you, but the other one sounds very interesting too, if you have friends on FB that you would want to do it with. I wouldn't because I like plugging my IPod into my elliptical, putting my Ifit card in and having Jllian Michaels guiding/pushing me through the workout. By the way, I got mine at HSN.com and you can get more in the series of Ifit cards there.