Best Buy

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed with crap like this also. I know people are business to make a profit, but they also need to make the customer happy too.

I won't shop at Body Central anymore. I bought a pair of pants that were missized. I took the tags off, planning to wear them and of course it didn't fit. When I tried to return the pants and explained the story the girl said she couldn't give me my money back or make an exchange because I took the tags off. I objected and she pointed to a sign that said the same thing. It really P*ssed me off.... I haven't been back since. I figure they can take their pants and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. GRRR!

Shannon
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Would you want to work at Best Buy on Black Friday? give the guy a break, he's probably more stressed out than he's ever been in his life...and he's just following store policy...she should have just bought the thing and returned the other one the next day...

I don't care about the store policy or the 30 bucks. Being denied is fine with me. If you are working in a customer service capacity, you need to compartmentlize your personal issues, your stress, etc., put on a happy face and treat each customer with respect and a friendly demeanor.

I am going to "give the guy a break". I am not going to add to his stress by going to Best Buy anymore.

Oh...and as far as him just following store policy?? That's why I sent the correspondence to Best Buy rather than going to the store to talk to the individual.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed with crap like this also. I know people are business to make a profit, but they also need to make the customer happy too.

I won't shop at Body Central anymore. I bought a pair of pants that were missized. I took the tags off, planning to wear them and of course it didn't fit. When I tried to return the pants and explained the story the girl said she couldn't give me my money back or make an exchange because I took the tags off. I objected and she pointed to a sign that said the same thing. It really P*ssed me off.... I haven't been back since. I figure they can take their pants and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. GRRR!

Shannon
    You're pissed off because you didn't try on an item of clothing before taking the tags off, and the store enforced a publicly displayed policy? :huh:
  • Mommamoose
    Mommamoose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You apparently haven't worked retail on Black Friday.

Nope, I haven't, but all three of my daughters have and I know how stressful it can be, but it's no excuse for rude behavior. If a person can't treat a person pleasantly, they should not be working in retail.

Amen.
    I worked retail enough to work two black Fridays with one company, bath and body works. We are all about the customer. I couldn't agree more, no matter how stressed out you are or pissed off at a customer lying and jumping rough hoops to get coney back or whatever the case may be, suck it up and deal with it in a respectful manor. If you can't separate your life situations from work time, don't work in retail. "The customer is always right" if I buy something and ultimately decide to take it back, for whatever reason I'm unhappy with the product, I expect to get a full refund. I don't agree with best buys policies, so I simply don't shop there. As a relative to someone who does work there, I hear all sorts of stories. Best buy is a money hungry business who is ultimately out to make a profit, end of story. Their geek squad people should be named uneducated squad, at least for some. I took a computer in, make a long story short, they wanted me to buy a whole knew one saying my comp was beyond repair, I simply bought parts to upgrade and fixed it myself.
    I'm glad you took it up to corporate, and thank you for sharing your story!
  • RoadDog
    Options
    I don't believe in the "I'm stressed out...." or "I've had a bad day..." excuse for talking it out on others. I don't care how bad my day is, when I am relating to anyone, I give them the consideration they deserve. In the long run, I feel a lot better when I know someone has smiled, laughed or felt good about their interaction with me.

When I've had a really bad day, I go for a motorcycle ride or I go for a walk. It's what keeps me off the freeway overpass with a rifle.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed because the price tag had the wrong size on it, which led me to purchase the wrong size pants. I tried on ONE pair of the pants in the store, so I knew what fit me. It was their mistake, so they should have made it right.... if not a refund, then an exchange or store credit. I wouldn't have bought the pants if I knew they wouldn't fit in the first place.

Shannon
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed because the price tag had the wrong size on it, which led me to purchase the wrong size pants. I tried on ONE pair of the pants in the store, so I knew what fit me. It was their mistake, so they should have made it right.... if not a refund, then an exchange or store credit. I wouldn't have bought the pants if I knew they wouldn't fit in the first place.

Shannon
    Mass manufactured clothes vary so much from one item to the next. I own jeans that very in size by four inches in the waist, yet fit me the same. Heck, when I buy jeans these days, I'll bring in multiple jeans of the exact same size to try on, and they'll usually fit differently. I think stores know this, and would be why they post their policy, essentially saying "try on your clothes before you remove the tags."
  • RoadDog
    Options
    but the Macy's I worked at had amazing employees and customer service.

Obviously.
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Update: Recieved an auto generated email from Best Buy within 1/2 an hour of sending out my original email.

Nothing after that.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    "Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your concern"

Something to that effect??