plant based diet- how to not have too many carbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I disagree that it's not possible to low carb and be vegan but it would have to be rather high fat so a lot of nuts and oils but, honestly, why are you worried about carbs? I can (kind of) see sugar which is easily controlled by eating less fruit but not general carbs especially since nutrition info considers fiber a carb.

I've read lot's of nutrition research regarding how carbs turn into sugar in the body, and sugar is stored as fat if the body is overloaded with it. I guess I could try and ease up and eat a few more and see how it impacts me.

Everything eaten in excess will turn into fat. Not just carbs. You get fat because you eat too many calories. You can eat organic meats if you don't want hormones although I would recommend doing some more research using peer-reviewed sources.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Low/Low-ish carb vegetables: asparagus, garlic, turnip greens, spinach, broccoli, and tomatoes.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I focus the majority of my efforts getting protein and fat in good percentages--I typically run low on carbs so to say that it will naturally be 80% is ridiculous.