Carnival Cruises

Options
I am going a cruise next month and wondered if anyone can give me some insight on the excursions packages for Belize, Mohagany Bay, and cozumel. There are so many listed I was hoping to get imput for both good and bad. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    It's not worth it unless you get a room with at least ocean view. Interior rooms suck.
  • Agent__J
    Agent__J Posts: 39
    Options
    It's not worth it unless you get a room with at least ocean view. Interior rooms suck.

I have a room with a balcony
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! We have not done all the same stops but Pasion Island, Cozumel was very nice for a quite excursion. Hope you have a blast!!!
    Peace,
    Cami
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I have a room with a balcony

Aim higher, I worked for NCL and balcony rooms are small and their view may not be as awesome.

As for cozumel, GO TO THE RUINS, belize go snorkeling; it's tons of fun.

Also, get a local to help you buy stuff, be super friendly with staff (they can get you stuff that you may not usually get) and don't go nuts on the buffet the first days, you'll be bored soon.
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I did that exact cruise last year (its out of New Orleans, right?). In Cozumel, do the Amazing Secret River. It was one of the most beautiful things I ever did. In Belize, we did the Xunantunich Mayan ruins tour and it was at equal parts terrifying but spectacular all in one (you get to climb the highest temple and it is high as long as its not raining). In Mahogany Bay, we did the private island snorkel tour with lunch buffet and it was so pretty and worth it. Don't do the public beach there, we met a bunch of folks the next day that did and were covered in bites from sand fleas.

Hope that helps and have fun!
  • Agent__J
    Options
    I did that exact cruise last year (its out of New Orleans, right?). In Cozumel, do the Amazing Secret River. It was one of the most beautiful things I ever did. In Belize, we did the Xunantunich Mayan ruins tour and it was at equal parts terrifying but spectacular all in one (you get to climb the highest temple and it is high as long as its not raining). In Mahogany Bay, we did the private island snorkel tour with lunch buffet and it was so pretty and worth it. Don't do the public beach there, we met a bunch of folks the next day that did and were covered in bites from sand fleas.

I am actually leaving out of Galveston. Is the Amazing Secret River the under water caves?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

*shrug* I never stayed in my room, so I would rather save money on my room and spend it on booze/trip.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Stay away from needing the cruise doctor..... I speak from experience.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Booked one a couple of years ago. Got to the lake they said we were leaving from and it was this guy.
    card00206_fr.jpg

It wasn't all bad though. We get circus peanuts 3 meals a day, and a couple of times a week, we get a few minutes of daylight, and Internet access.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options

*shrug* I never stayed in my room, so I would rather save money on my room and spend it on booze/trip.

I've done the interior room and an ocean view room and for the amount of time I spent in the room both times, paying more for a "nicer" room wasn't worth it to me. If you spend all day sitting in your room, then yeah, it might be worth it, but why would you want to sit in your room all day? Of course, with the amount my hubby and I spent on the bar on our first cruise, we could have paid for another room.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    My sister loves Cozumel. My aunt loved the ruins in Belize, a good friend swears by the scuba diving in Belize. Me? I hate cruises. It's like a big boat that smells partly like booze, partly like food, with the faintest aroma of vomit. It's not my thing.
  • sixout
    Options

I am actually leaving out of Galveston. Is the Amazing Secret River the under water caves?

When are you leaving? I'm actually considering taking one this month. And it'd be leaving from Galveston. If I don't go now, it'd be later in the fall.
  • sixout
    Options

I've done the interior room and an ocean view room and for the amount of time I spent in the room both times, paying more for a "nicer" room wasn't worth it to me. If you spend all day sitting in your room, then yeah, it might be worth it, but why would you want to sit in your room all day? Of course, with the amount my hubby and I spent on the bar on our first cruise, we could have paid for another room.

Going to your room at night and looking at something other than a wall is pretty nice though.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what kinds of activities you like. I went to Belize and loved the Mayan Ruins (we did Xunantunich but there are others that I'm sure are good), snorkeling, and the highlight of the trip was an adventurous cave tour, the Actun Tunichil Muknal cave. I've heard the zip lining is fun. Again, really depends on what your interests are.
  • Agent__J
    Options

When are you leaving? I'm actually considering taking one this month. And it'd be leaving from Galveston. If I don't go now, it'd be later in the fall.

Departs 7 September.
  • sixout
    Options

Departs 7 September.

Ah, definitely won't be on the same ship then. Enjoy Galveston while you're there. Awesome place.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I spent 6+ years taking cruises....it wasn't all that it's cracked up to be.

U49dFiH.jpg

3wATXiD.jpg

They weren't Carnival cruise ships, so YMMV. :laugh:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i've stayed more in rooms with balconies than without, and really the time spent in the room isn't enough to justify the extra cost of the room.
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We've only been to Cozumel of those destinations, and not with Carnival. However, we really enjoyed the power snorkelling. I agree with the others, it really depends on what you are interested in. My mother-in-law loves the cultural-centered excursions (mostly walking tours), my husband and I look for stuff we can't do near home and active stuff (like snorkelling, horseback riding, ziplining, etc). I've heard good things about the ruins, especially one tour where you get there on ATV, but I wasn't brave enough to try it.

With rooms, we like interior rooms because we are pretty much only there to change and sleep, plus we like it dark at night :D. Whatever you choose, enjoy it!!

Have fun!!
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I spent 6+ years taking cruises....it wasn't all that it's cracked up to be.

U49dFiH.jpg

3wATXiD.jpg

They weren't Carnival cruise ships, so YMMV. :laugh:

this made me laugh really loud at the middle of my office