Could I ask for some feedback and advice?

Options
Hi =)

I was hoping for some feedback and advice on how I'm doing with my plan. Sorry, I know this is a bit of a silly topic but I started with hardly any exp or knowledge on dieting an THINK what I'm doing is okay. I'll start with the basics ^^

I'm 23, weigh 230lb (uk size 16-18) am 5ft 8 an aim to be 140-145lb.
I started just doing 1.5-2 hours of the zumba fitness games a day 2, core and world party) an went on a brown rice diet. I lost around 35lb doing this an got to my current weight over 12 weeks.
Now I've started on slim fast where I have 2 slimfast shakes (anyone who loves in the uk, they sell them for £1 a tin in B&M at the moment its close to its expiry date but its got 2 months on it ^^) for breakfast and lunch and have 50-80g brown rice with 150g of steamed vedge an a baked chicken breast or uncoated/plain fish steak all fried in soy sauce (no oil) or added to miso soup (I love asian foods, especially japanese ♡). I do pretty much eat that every day in an ou but o love it ^^ I dont usually snack but if I do I have a rice cracker or tbsp of plain rice. I cut out coffee an only drink fruity green tea to stop me from getting hungry between meals and have one or two low cal hot chocolates a day to keep the choccy cravings away =)
I also sucked it up an bought the slim in 6 dvd, I always hated exercise dvd's because I find them bouring but I've read and heard loads of good reviews on this one so decided to give it a go (currently on day 3) which I will do everyday. After exercise I have a quater portion of a protein shake and a tsp of rice or a rice cracker.

My daily calorie intake is between 800-1000 a day and I burn about 800 in exercise.

So anyways, is there anything I should change or improve on? And what are your guidelines/rules for your diet?
Thanks in advanced =)

Replies

• SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    not a big fan of meal replacement shakes as a means of weight loss. If they work for you then great. I'd prefer to eat fuit and vegetables with lean protein as a meal over a shake.
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have dieted all my life with just about every program, (and joined too many gyms)and the only way to do it (and be done) is to NOT be on a diet. Eat real food.....cooked healthy ways in proper sizes. Make exercise a part of your life so find something you like to do instead of something you HAVE to do. (I walk or dance) You have to think of this as a life change, not a diet to be permanganate and eating the same food or shakes will help you lose in the short run.....but not forever. :wink:
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

So anyways, is there anything I should change or improve on?

Yes - everything!
    Do yourself a favor and read, learn and understand how a body functions before hurting yourself the way you are!
    As a first start eating real food, second start eating adequate amounts of food to sustain a healthy lifestyle - eating 800 and burning 800 in exercise is plain wrong and unhealthy!
    With the stats given you should be on probably 2800 calories maintenance and able to loose weight in a healthy way by eating 2400 - 2600 calories a day!
  • Okumura91
    Options
    [/quote]

Yes - everything!
    Do yourself a favor and read, learn and understand how a body functions before hurting yourself the way you are!
    As a first start eating real food, second start eating adequate amounts of food to sustain a healthy lifestyle - eating 800 and burning 800 in exercise is plain wrong and unhealthy!
    With the stats given you should be on probably 2800 calories maintenance and able to loose weight in a healthy way by eating 2400 - 2600 calories a day,
    [/quote]

Seriously? That bad? I did look up on the shakes n compared it to what I usually eat an it does give much/many more neautriants that I never used to eat. I feel pretty good concidering the low intake, like not exhausted or worn down all the time an I was dollowing my previous diet fo 2 months without feeling low.

Before the change I was on 1300 cals a day and the weight loss did slow down after 2 months on the brown rice plan so wont hiring the intake make me put on weight?

Sorry for sounding bratty at all, I've been overweight since I was 11 and toed into obese in the last 2 years an I'm just fed up of feeling so repulsed about myself all the time so I'm paranoid about doing ANYTHING that might make me gain anything (with the acception of muscle weight but I don't want to get any wider)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yes - everything!
    With the stats given you should be on probably 2800 calories maintenance and able to loose weight in a healthy way by eating 2400 - 2600 calories a day,

Seriously? That bad? I did look up on the shakes n compared it to what I usually eat an it does give much/many more neautriants that I never used to eat. I feel pretty good concidering the low intake, like not exhausted or worn down all the time an I was dollowing my previous diet fo 2 months without feeling low.

Before the change I was on 1300 cals a day and the weight loss did slow down after 2 months on the brown rice plan so wont hiring the intake make me put on weight?

Sorry for sounding bratty at all, I've been overweight since I was 11 and toed into obese in the last 2 years an I'm just fed up of feeling so repulsed about myself all the time so I'm paranoid about doing ANYTHING that might make me gain anything (with the acception of muscle weight but I don't want to get any wider)

Yeah that bad... take a look at those links and educate yourself. This is for life, not some quick fix.