Best Home Gym Equipment

Options
RachelX04
RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
I workout from home and love weights and lifting. What is the best home gym equipment? I am not interested in cardio equipment.

Replies

• thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    A set of iron adjustable dumbbells

How much do you lift?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    If budget isn't much of an issue, a power cage.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    A power cage, with weights and a bench will set you back over 3000 i would imagine ???
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    A power cage, with weights and a bench will set you back over 3000 i would imagine ???

Not if you buy used, or if you know someone handy. I have a few on my FL that have built their own. Play It Again Sports, Craigslist, etc will have used lifting equipment, sometimes at really great prices.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

noooooooooooo

My friend bought a set new for 1500 cdn.

I currently have a bench with lat attachment, curl att and leg curl/ext attachment, multiple bars (cause Im lazy and hate unloading) multiple plates (almost 400lbs I think) and a squat rack/ 1/2 power cage my husband built me.

If you love lfitng those are the basics really..maybe not as many plates etc but why not right.

As well if you have a handy guy/girl in your family have them build you your squat rack/power cage.

I am lucky my husband is an engineer and my son is a welder and I am expecting a new power cage (full on one) for my birthday...
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Nope. Plenty of DIY versions and/or used.
    I checked my local craigslist for about a month, finally got a rack, bench, and olympic bar/weigh set for $150.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A power rack, bar, weights. Maybe a bench.

http://startingstrength.com/index.php/site/equipment
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've used nothing but dumbbells (5-50lbs) & a pull up bar, for the last 2 years. Has been plenty
    I want add a rack/bar/weights though.
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    I love my sandbag! <3
    (Ironcore brand, like 30 or 40 bucks on amazon. And 50 lb of sand for like, 2 bucks at home depot/lowes.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Weights
    Bench
    PowerBlock Dumbells

Works for me

Edit: Power rack is one of my future purchases
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I actually purchased a power cage, bench, olympic bar, and 300lbs of weights for a little over $1000 at ****'s Sporting Goods at the beginning of this year. l took a peek at their website just now and their Fitness Gear brand items are still about the same price. I am not quite as patient as Ben. I am having to work on that instant gratification problem.

Edited for awesomeness and I'll let it stand D I C K' S
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I have a power cage, bench, Olympic bar and weights, and padded flooring. All for about $700. My cage isn't fancy, but it's solid and does exactly what i need (keeps me safe). Best home gym equipment, in my opinion.