Loose skin with exercise causes mild pain, anyone else?

Options
As you can see I've lost almost 30lbs. I've been noticing when I do any kind of jumping or running the extra skin (pooch) on my stomach, moves up and down considerably. Understandable, but has anyone else have it cause them pain? It stops when I stop doing the exercise that causes the pain, and doesn't stay painful at all after stopping the exercise.

Is there any way to prevent this aside from wearing compression garments? I find them very uncomfortable. Thanks!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Never had pain caused by loose skin don't know what that's about. Guess you could always check in with your doc to eliminate any other issues it might be.

I don't know any other fixes for loose skin other than surgery and time. Time does help for some, others surgery is the route one must take. The skin cream etc. that so many recommend on here won't do a thing (will make your skin softer and less dry in the Winter though) for removing loose skin, loose skin isn't going anywhere it's simply our bodies being stretched from the fat underneath we once had.

Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. It was made worse by a c-section and being larger. I've worn compression type shorts under workout clothes to help with it. Maybe a tighter fitting short, but not quite compression shorts.

It really is a gravity issue.
  • lynne_cook
    Options
    I also have loose skin but not painful,maybe you should see a doctor just to make sure nothing is wrong!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem. My solution was to buy one of those neophrene waist bands that you see in the exercise section of the stores. It made me sweat like crazy in that area, but it did work to keep the skin from bouncing. As time has passed, I no longer need to wear it. I guess the skin must have tightened enough that it's not bouncing so much.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I, too, would check with a doctor.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Not to be crass, but its the same feeling you get when your boobs bounce if you're not wearing a sports bra, yeah? Or something similar? I get that all the time.. its just belly pooch complaining that you're asking it to move. The thing that helped me the most is wearing yoga pants or capris to run or do other higher impact activities in because of the folded down waistband that gives kind of a double layer around my tummy. Helps keep things a little more held in place without resorting to a full on (expensive) compression top or shorts. I don't think its necessary to make a doctor's appointment unless you're noticing bruising, redness, swelling, or things like that. Your body will adjust itself as your weight redistributes and you keep losing :)
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Not to be crass, but its the same feeling you get when your boobs bounce if you're not wearing a sports bra, yeah? Or something similar?
    Exactly! lol
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    To get it to stop you may have to buy some sort of compression stuff. The most comfortable for me is the under armor capris & shorts. Kinda like finding the right sports bra ;)