Weekend calories vs hitting macro

Options
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask you how you deal with weekends coming :) Do you log your calorie intake or is it more important for you to hit the macro right ? Basically every weekend I binge and throw all my week hard work out because I restrict myself to much. I think for me personally would be better to just count calories and enjoy some lovely treats which I know will be over my sugar intake. How do you do it ? :)

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing on the weekend as I do during the week. Focus first on hitting your calorie goal. Then, try and get your macros as good as you can without messing up your calories. Your calorie goal is the most important one to hit.

What is your nutrition like? If you are feeling deprived, you likely need to reassess how you are eating. The key to successful, long-term weight loss is to feel good about your nutrition.

Allan
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Stop restricting yourself so much. Save or earn the calories for the weekends ahead of time. If you are allocating the appropriate amount of calories to eat then you will not need to choose between weekend calories vs hitting macro. You will be able to do both.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I just wanted to ask you how you deal with weekends coming :) Do you log your calorie intake or is it more important for you to hit the macro right ? Basically every weekend I binge and throw all my week hard work out because I restrict myself to much. I think for me personally would be better to just count calories and enjoy some lovely treats which I know will be over my sugar intake. How do you do it ? :)

I meet my macros - which should be first and foremost for health, and make sure they fit into my calorie allotment.

Sugar - I don't track sugar - I'm over on my sugar pretty well everyday. Hasn't hindered my loss at all.