45 Pounds Down ... 25 to go!

Options
On March 11th 2014, I decided I was going to lose 70lbs. I started out at 250 and wanted to get down to 180. I'd done this 70lb weight loss once before, about 8 years ago. I kept it off for about half that time and then spent 4 years slowly gaining it back.

The first time I lost the 70lbs, I was doing Weight Watchers and killing myself in the gym. I was reluctant to do that again because I hated it. I hated working out so hard and the idea of doing that again is the single thing that kept me from trying to lose the weight again sooner.

Ugh, that feeling of dread ... holding me back.

But, I got to a point where I felt like enough was enough and I was embarrassed that I was back to 250. So, I knew that it was time.

I joined MFP and have been focused solely on calorie counting to lose weight.

I do run a couple times a week, but that's just for general fitness. I don't run to lose weight, I run so I can do things without my heart feeling like it's going to explode.

Anyway ... here's my progress so far.

I'm super embarrassed by the first side of the picture, but very proud of the 2nd side ... so I figured I'd post this despite my shame.

(I hope it works, I've never posted a picture before, I'll try again if it doesn't.)

34qwh1k.gif

Replies

• sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing. Also, no need to be embarassed. We all started somewhere. Keep it up!
  • joesjl
    joesjl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We started at the same time! You look great keep it up:)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work- and keep up the drive! You have come a long way :)

Cheers to your continued success! :drinker:
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You look great.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing. Also, no need to be embarassed. We all started somewhere. Keep it up!

Amen to that!

Great job, OP!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
    You are amazing.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • judipatootie
    judipatootie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    wow!!! WAY TO GO!!!! You look fantastic! I wish i was as close to my goal as you are....but you sure are inspirational!!! Keep up the great work!
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have looked so bad in the before photo if you weren't wearing such a tight shirt. :happy:

Congrats BTW
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :) You look great :)
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have looked so bad in the before photo if you weren't wearing such a tight shirt. :happy:

Congrats BTW

The tight shirt was on purpose. I wanted a 100% accurate photo that showcased how I looked ... but without actually being topless.
  • AnxiousPenman
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

The best part about losing weight through structured calorie counting is that I feel a hell of a lot more confident in keeping the weight off this time than I did the last time I lost the weight. I feel much more educated this time and understand more about what actually is going on inside of my body and how I'm fueling it.

So thanks again for the kind words and good luck to all of you!
  • flyght30
    flyght30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is very similar to yours. What was your daily calories you aimed for? Great job!
  • smashy_smashy
    smashy_smashy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! :)
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    First thing I gotta say is you never looked anything but handsome. But you look totally amazing. Your hard work paid off. :smile:
  • rgdelacruz43
    rgdelacruz43 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :happy:
  • AnxiousPenman
    Options
    My goal is very similar to yours. What was your daily calories you aimed for? Great job!

Honestly, I can't remember what I started at. I followed MFP's calorie suggestion pretty spot on (with the occasional going over during events/vacation/etc). I want to say I started at the high 1,600s and it just kept going down as I got closer to goal.

But recently it dropped to 1,400 and I was like "Nope, done with that." and I took my loss per week from 2lbs to 1.5lbs and it took my calorie goal back up to the 1,600s, and I'm still losing regularly.
  • AnxiousPenman
    Options
    First thing I gotta say is you never looked anything but handsome. But you look totally amazing. Your hard work paid off. :smile:

Thank you! It's just always difficult for me to look at that "before" picture because of the fact that I was 180 just a few short years ago. So seeing that before shot just reminds me of how much I let myself go for awhile. I guess I'm more embarrassed by that really than by how I physically look in it.

That said, it also works as a pretty solid piece of inspiration not to allow myself to keep letting my weight yo-yo so drastically.

Going from 250 to 180 to 250 to 180 in, literally, less than a decade ... it's rough physically and mentally. So this time I'm pretty dedicated to not letting it go back up!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    What a change! Good work.
    Congratulations.
    You are amazing.
    Says the person who's lost 188 lb ...
    That's really amazing.
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work. Do you find it easier this time around or more difficult? In any event, good for you. Keep focused and determined and you will get back to 180.

Best regards,
    Mark
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!