That pesky scale!

Options
scubakat67
scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
It's not all about that pesky scale! I say this just as much for myself as anyone else. It's the first day of a new month and I stepped on that scale this morning thinking I would finally break into the 150s again. NOPE! Didn't happen! Only down .2. .2 (yep, there's a . in front of that)! OK, add it to the book and move on. Check back on my progress for July ... only 3 pounds lost. That pesky scale can be VERY discouraging. I've been working so hard ...

BUT, today being the first day of the month, it is also my day to take measurements. I've taken measurements periodically for years, but when I got serious about changing my lifestyle in May, I started taking my measurements on the first of the month (or close thereto). So, I went through the process this morning, write everything down and LOW AND BEHOLD ... even though I've only lost 3 pounds in July, almost all of my measurements are down at least an inch to an inch and a half (those darn thighs need to join the party - only lost 1/2 inch there)!

So, I post this to motivate everyone to take your measurements. Even if you don't see much of a difference in the number on the scale, you're still making progress. If I had not had the victory of my measurements, I would probably be drowning my defeat in a bagel, cream cheese, and bacon this morning instead of posting and trying to motivate others.

Slow progress is better than no progress. Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That pesky scale wasn't nice to me either! Maybe they have all joined forces to derail our efforts!!! LOL!!!!!

But . . .it will help me focus this weekend!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The scale stayed the same for me...that's why I'm focusing on NSV right now...as I'm sitting here in a pair of jeans I have never worn because they were too tight. They are a little loose on me now :)
  • lollyhackett
    lollyhackett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great post - very inspiring! Can't wait for my 2nd measurements, only got about 25 days to go! :wink:
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ohh yeah i agree!! I get so discouraged watching the scale not budging and it totally messes with my motivation and throw me off my game.

Now i have started a new program, so i'm going scale free so as not to get discouraged. Will measure myself for watching my progress.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So true... I can see the diff. the way my clothes fit, however my scale shows the same as last week... I am so happy with my Measurements n my scale tells a diff. story haaaaaa. So true with thighs come on u guys wake up... :grumble:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying hard to break into the 150's again myself.... well said! That scale just doesn't seem to be moving at all but I'm finally down a pants size whoop! Great job... keep it up!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Maybe there is a full moon or some "universal reversal" of scales today!

I too, got on the scale this morning, and no change!
    I was so bummed .. until I put on my dress pants for work that I only bought a few months ago, and they are way too big!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!