Any 3rd shifters out there?

Options
I work 3rd shift and sometimes double shifts (16 hours). I am having a real hard time finding the energy to exercise. Does anyone else work midnights and when and how do you find time to exercise? What are your eating habits like? I find I eat to stay awake and it's usually crap out of the vending machine. I need cheap because although I'm a nurse, I can't afford to buy a lot of "healthy" food on payday. I've gained 20# back since August and it's SO FRUSTRATING!

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm a student nurse right now and while I struggle with exercise, what is your average day/ sleep pattern like? If you sleep afternoon/ evening time can you wake up a maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour early and fit it in? can you walk around more when the shift is quiet? what about jumping jacks (do maybe 3 minutes every hour on shift) in the break room while at work. I know between assessments, charting, meds and over all pt demands you may not be able to but finding little things to do in short bursts may help combat the weight gain.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Hello:

There is an official night shift thread with MFP members who work similar hours to yours. Just click on search and type in "official night shift thread" and you may find more help there.
    Good luck on your weight loss venture.
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you!