"smart" scales

Options
My partner and I recently bought a Fitbit Aria scale but are returning it. We found that the weight fluctuates too much between readings. But the main problem was that it just could not recognize us correctly. We differ in weight by 20 lbs so it really shouldn't be an issue, however sometimes it would "guess" correctly but other times it would think one of us was the other or recognize me as a guest.

We like the idea of automatically syncing our weight with MyFitnessPal and/or other apps but I'm wondering if any of these "smart" scales will actually work for our situation. We are thinking about trying the Withings scale next. Anyone have experience similar issues with that scale? Thanks!

Replies

• michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    IIRC, the Aria will assume it's person #1 within 20 lbs of their baseline (to account for weight loss, longer periods of time between weighing, general fluctuations, etc), so yeah, I think the two of you are a little too close in weight for that to work. I don't know if withing's scale has the same margin of error or not.