Commuter Tips

Options
I recently started commuting to NY again after 6 years of driving to NJ and have limited time left to exercise. I walk quite a bit to and from the bus and even get off the bus 2 stops early so I can get in more walking but I would like to fit in more cardio or weight lifting. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I also work out every Saturday with a trainer so I get a great workout then but during the week is the difficult part. I am already getting up at 5:30am and getting home around 7:30pm so there really isn't much time to juggle around.

Thanks!

Replies

• shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bumping to read responses. I'm in the same boat.

i commute about an hour each way to/from Indy each day. i get up at 5, eat 1/2 a banana and work out (doing Power 90 right now) from 5:15 until 6. quick shower, get ready, eat breakfast at 6:30 and out the door by 6:50. down coffee on the way to work, and start work at 8.

leave work at 5, fight traffic, and get home at 6:30 for dinner. it works for now, but it's an exhauting week. our building at work does have a gym, but i just don't have any energy left after work to fit in a workout.

excited to read how others cope...
  • mismgl83
    mismgl83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I guess no one has any suggestions=) Just keep doing what I'm doing, as long as I'm losing that's all that matters