Foods that help with weight loss?

Options
I've been doing some reading, and I've read that certain foods in particular help you curb weight loss. I eat healthy as is, but I'm wondering if I should incorporate certain things into my diet. I'm going to list them below, and I'm wondering if there's any truth to that or if it's too good to be true?

- Sweet potatoes
- Green tea
- Chickpeas
- Grapefruit

Replies

• petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing about those foods. Some of the foods keep you feeling fuller longer and some like green tea help the metabolism. I have tried to incorporate some of these into my diet.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and sweet potatoes helped start my weight loss...sweet potatoes cuz they are like candy and a healthy complex carb that tastes like candy is awesome.

Lean meats and good fats also helped a lot. They make up 70% of my diet and I'm losing fast.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Eating a variety of fresh whole food is what works. All the things list are good food but the list can go on much further.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Foods that help with weightless are foods that you enjoy that fit into your nutrition goals for the day.
  • Whiskey2206
    Whiskey2206 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the green Tea (although I enjoy it once/day) but chickpeas are loaded with protein and protein helps keep muscle WHILE burning fat. Muscle...one of the reasons men lose weight faster and easier than women. Another great source is Kidney beans and lentils. Half a grapefruit before meals can actually help you to lose up to a 1/week. They keep you full longer, although you don't want to stay full too long...just long enough that your blood sugar levels don't drop so much that you want to cheat or binge. Several small meals/day of the right foods is the way to go.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Foods that help with weightless are foods that you enjoy that fit into your nutrition goals for the day.

this...

protien and fiber do help you feel fuller longer but in the long run it's not the types of foods but how much of it you are eating.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Like:

fat-girl-eating-ice-cream.gif

:bigsmile: