The Odd Body Shapes

Options
124»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    justsalad wrote: »
    Update: I got to my goal, and then due to illness surpassed it and ended up underweight at 118/lbs. My body shape? Arms and legs were still thin, but my face had become a skeletor bobble head thing. What was interesting is my stomach and ribs. I was still very wide around. My ribs were very wide set so I still had this massive wide upper body if you looked at me dead on, but rail thin from the side. I developed an almost upside down triangle as my shape. Or a big rectangle. My hips and stomach didn't curve in at all on the sides. It jusy went straight down. When I gained weight again, I gained in my face and stomach as previous. Still not in the breast or butt area at all. Also not really evenly around my body again. Body shapes are weird lol.

Thank you for updating!

Exercise, exercise. I'm built like a ruler, straight up and down, no boobs or butt naturally. Good shoulders and arms, nice legs when skinny, but can't get a little waist at any weight. You missed an opportunity to build muscle from skinny ;) If you lift weights and gain a little weight, your butt and legs will get bigger, because those are big muscles. That might balance out your body shape some. I gained about 15lb while working out and waist increased 1" (I think that's fat) but legs and hips increased 3-4". That's muscle!
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have a huge belly - people often ask me if I'm pregnant, which really sucks.

Even when I've been thinner, my belly still stuck out noticeably.

It seems to be the first place I gain and the last place I lose.

Edit: And I may be completely off-base, but part of it might be genetics? I have the exact same shape as my mom.

This is me exactly... first place to gain and last place to lose. I too get people (kids) asking if I am having a baby. I always had skinny arms, even at my heaviest. Skinny ankles too. I could hide a lot of my weight because it was all in the midsection and inner thighs. My hourglass has returned and the love handles are mostly gone but my belly is still big. Even if I worked hard on it and toned it, I have a feeling I would still have that belly bump!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank the the lord this post. Fat arms fat torso fat thys - zero chest zero hips zero butt.
  • Loosingittogainitall
    Options
    I'm a completely odd shape. I'm fat everywhere but have a very small chest. When I get home later I will post a pic of how I look! It's odd indeed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!