LADIES ONLY: a weird question

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    No pics? I even creeped your profile for them. Nothing.

What do you mean??

I think he's here for the noodz. :laugh:
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that your boss makes fun of you for this?

Yes, bit much isn't it. If that was a male boss it'd be a lawsuit.
    Discrimination!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

What do you mean??

He means he was trying to check out your lady parts in your pictures, but couldn't see what you were talking about.

lol because I don't include any pics that would show it? Why would I do that haha.

You know how a man thinks. There's always hope!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about your mons pubis and not low abs, right, because there is actual bone under the 'fat pad' in case you didn't feel it while grinding (pardon my French)? You can't reshape the bone and the bit of fat on top is for your comfort during sex (unless you are a heels behind your head sort of gal). I really doubt that it's as noticeable as you think it is. If any guy had the same size bulge as you are probably referring to, he would be worried about being too small, lol. Oh, and your boss is seriously out of line. You need to draw a new one in the sand and say don't cross this.
  • jnichel
    Options

What do you mean??

He means he was trying to check out your lady parts in your pictures, but couldn't see what you were talking about.

lol because I don't include any pics that would show it? Why would I do that haha.

Only because you women make us think this way! :laugh:
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think you are referring to your "mons pubis" the area where you pubs are/would be right?
    I don't think that there is much you can do to reduce that area, with the exception of surgery.
    Maybe try spanx or some similar fat sucker inner..as I call them :)
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Augh! I was going to ask this exact question when I got up the nerve. I was reprimanded by my boss once because someone had complained to her the day before that my pants were too tight and were 'revealing in my lady area'. I cried for 20 minutes in the bathroom... I can't help it that my 'lady area' is just as chubby as the rest of me! :cry: **Note, I've lost enough weight that those pants aren't too tight anymore, but I still wear long shirts out of sheer mortification that the same person will be inspecting me. *shudder*

I hope this goes away with the rest of my weight....
  • CherryVonBlackheart
    Options
    Being a personal trainer, I'm well aware that there's no such thing as spot reduction. But there are exercises, like the ones I mentioned that can help make that part of your abs stronger, pull the muscles in tighter. Mix of cardio & weights will reduce fat.

And this is why I never respond to ppl's posts, due to sheer rudeness from others. Only trying to help.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Being a personal trainer, I'm well aware that there's no such thing as spot reduction. But there are exercises, like the ones I mentioned that can help make that part of your abs stronger, pull the muscles in tighter. Mix of cardio & weights will reduce fat.

And this is why I never respond to ppl's posts, due to sheer rudeness from others. Only trying to help, and that's the **** I get. Piss off.

calm-down-lady.gif
  • HelenO20
    HelenO20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't know of you are from the uk or not, but we have a programme here called embarrassing bodies which featured this exact problem last night. The lady had lipo suction and a mini tummy tuck to solve the problem. But obviously the suggestions for different clothing would be much more practical.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I have a SUPER bizarre question. I don't even know if this is the right board for it - sorry if it isn't.

I carry a lot of weight in odd places. But the oddest of places .... is my "pum pum" as my boss likes to call it (she makes fun of me still about it, particularly when I wear tights or yoga pants) I get told I have a "FUPA" or a "fat camel toe"... I have lost plenty of weight, in every other area of my body - but not in the pelvic area.

It sticks out when I wear a skirt, or nice pants... almost looks like I have a bulge! Does anyone else have this issue? How do you even lose weight in that particular area? I almost contemplate getting some lipo there lol. Has anyone noticed this issue in significant weight loss? When did that area seem to shrink? Was it the last to go? Are any of you ladies out there, as insecure about this area as me? Do men even care about that area?

EDIT*** it is NOT a camel toe. I am not talking about the lines of a camel toe like if you were to google cameltoe images. It's a chubbiness in the area where your jean zipper would sit if you were wearing jeans. It's like a bulge, so it gives the effect of having... basically having a bulge as if you were a dude...except I'm a girl. It's just a chubby area there. Think of your bikini bottoms - they sit flat there, mine however, do not, that area is chubby so it puffs out. Or if you wore a fitted dress, everything would lay flat, except that one bump there in the pelvic area.

I read through your post and thought to google "Fatty mons pubis" ~ what I'm assuming you're describing, which led me to Realself@your consideration for a liposuction for a reduction of that area. My initial thought was FUPA as previously mentioned, only for me to find this link of a 95lbs female suffering from it. http://www.realself.com/question/elevated-and-flabby-pubic-mound-petite-sized-26-year-surgery-option-reduce

Here are suggestions given by surgeons, as a means of a compression garment for the area: http://www.realself.com/question/post-tummy-tuck-compression-garment-for-mons-pubis
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same thing! I know what you mean, and no I am now at a bmi of around 21 and it's still there for me.... I guess it must go eventually? Also I once heard someone else referring to theirs as a 'chubby kitty' so now mine is my 'fat-cat'.

Also if I poke mine (haha) I can feel bone under the fat, so maybe what's being said about our pubic bones protruding more is true. I've always been a bit self-conscious of mine but less so now I'm more confident in myself in general :) Also no guy I've ever been with has made a comment about it. More cushion for the pushin'!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

And this is why I never respond to ppl's posts, due to sheer rudeness from others. Only trying to help, and that's the **** I get. Piss off.

Right. You also said that fat gathers in that area from sitting for too long so....:noway: It's not that people are being rude, people are trying to correct misinformation. Only trying to help!
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options

What do you mean??

Oh my god please no.
    1) being a man does not automatically equal being a pervy creep (yes going through someone's photos to find pictures of their genitals is creepy. ESPECIALLY when the title says ladies only)
    TRIGGER WARNING 2) WOMEN DO NOT MAKE MEN PERVY. If you are a pervy creep and act on it you deserve no sympathy or chance for explanation, no one has made you that way. You know what the next logical step in this argument is? "You know how a man acts!" "You women make us act this way!" "She was asking to get raped!". I know that isn't what was implied here at all, but this kind of thinking seems harmless until we contextualise it in the rape culture many of us live in.

NOT OKAY.

(edited to add trigger warning more explicitly)
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Augh! I was going to ask this exact question when I got up the nerve. I was reprimanded by my boss once because someone had complained to her the day before that my pants were too tight and were 'revealing in my lady area'. I cried for 20 minutes in the bathroom... I can't help it that my 'lady area' is just as chubby as the rest of me! :cry: **Note, I've lost enough weight that those pants aren't too tight anymore, but I still wear long shirts out of sheer mortification that the same person will be inspecting me. *shudder*

I just can't believe someone would make a complaint over this - my god... What the hell were they doing looking there in the first place?
  • the_arghbowl
    the_arghbowl Posts: 63 Member
    Options

What do you mean??

for science. duh.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If dropping a few LBS doesn't work than Spanx it :drinker:
  • jnichel
    Options

What do you mean??

Oh my god please no.
    1) being a man does not automatically equal being a pervy creep (yes going through someone's photos to find pictures of their genitals is creepy. ESPECIALLY when the title says ladies only)
    TRIGGER WARNING 2) WOMEN DO NOT MAKE MEN PERVY. If you are a pervy creep and act on it you deserve no sympathy or chance for explanation, no one has made you that way. You know what the next logical step in this argument is? "You know how a man acts!" "You women make us act this way!" "She was asking to get raped!". I know that isn't what was implied here at all, but this kind of thinking seems harmless until we contextualise it in the rape culture many of us live in.

NOT OKAY.

kU7sEPG.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

What do you mean??

Oh my god please no.

NOT OKAY.

And this, right here, is why I cannot take anyone seriously who uses the term "rape culture."
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options

I just can't believe someone would make a complaint over this - my god... What the hell were they doing looking there in the first place?

I was thinking the same thing! That is horrible ! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I have had several comments about my mons pubis (yay now I know the name!) and its excess chub, but if that had been a complaint made against me I would probably cry and lose my ****.