Very Low Carb and depression - how long?

Options
13»

Replies

• icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Don't experience any of these things, and if I did, I would be looking at changing my diet. No diet, low carb or otherwise, works for everyone, so better to find the one that does work for you, if this one isn't. Remember you have three basic choices - high carb-low fat, moderate carb-moderate fat, and low carb-high fat, and perhaps moderate carb-moderate fat may suit you better. Personally I would probably dial back the carbs but stop or row back a little if they reach a problematic level.

Of course there are also many other factors that might be behind what you are experiencing, so perhaps look deeper into what you are and are not eating when you do low carb, and see if you can't identify the culprit. Good luck :)
  • DanielCathers
    DanielCathers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You NEED the fiber in these foods to survive, and ward off things like constipation!

LIES... COMPLETE LIES. You do not need fiber to survive. And, zero-fiber diets have been shown to ease constipation, not cause it (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/ )

Not to mention low carb diets often count net carbs.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Don't experience any of these things, and if I did, I would be looking at changing my diet. No diet, low carb or otherwise, works for everyone, so better to find the one that does work for you, if this one isn't. Remember you have three basic choices - high carb-low fat, moderate carb-moderate fat, and low carb-high fat, and perhaps moderate carb-moderate fat may suit you better. Personally I would probably dial back the carbs but stop or row back a little if they reach a problematic level.

Of course there are also many other factors that might be behind what you are experiencing, so perhaps look deeper into what you are and are not eating when you do low carb, and see if you can't identify the culprit. Good luck :)

Thanks - I will do. The correlation seemed pretty obvious at the time, so I didn't investigate further, but it's a good idea. The culprit could be something else. Stillosing26 - I mostly eat whole grains anyway, and was cutting out the refined things altogether in this period, but thanks for the thoughtful post.
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    Id say eat better . Eat 1800 calories of good food and stay active. If I was limiting food when I was hungry id be depressed too.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    carbohydrates contain the suns radiant energy, captured in the form that living things use to fuel the processes of life......