Has anyone done a triathlon?

Options
I really want to complete a triathlon! Just a sprint distance at first, maybe someday a half iron man! I love to swim and bike and I'm pretty okay at running.. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about their experience or training!

Please feel free to add me if you have, or have similar goals! :)

Hope everyone's having a great start to the weekend!

Replies

• leodora1
    leodora1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have done several sprints and one olympic. I love them, especially sprints because the switching between activities keeps you motivated and prevents from getting bored. Also, swimming in open water is fun stuff. I would highly recommend doing a Summer version or Fall version first off. The Spring versions have very cold water and you will need a wetsuit making transitions harder.
  • timrpm
    timrpm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have done a couple of summer sprints, training was a blast. The variety is key - keeps your motivation high, and if you get the odd ache and pain, you can focus on the disciplines which don't need those muscles so much. Aiming for my first middle distance iron man next year. Never felt so good!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There's a triathlon group here. Not sure how active it is, but it would be a good place to find people with experience.

I've done 3 Olympic ones, but it's been about 8 years since the last one. The training was great--I felt much better than when I was mostly running, which is what I was doing before. I'd like to start training again, but probably won't be able to for the season this year, given that it's already July, so am aiming at 2015.