Everyday Runners???

Options
2»

Replies

• Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Another question lol. Sorry but they just keep popping into my head.

Since I am doing the C25K 3 times a week to start and doing aerobics the other 3 days would it hurt anything for me to do an aerobic workout BEFORE I do my run for the day. ,maybe 2 or 3 hours before? That way I could get in 6 aerobic workouts a week as well as 3 runs until I work my way up to running every day.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have settled into a 4.2 mile run with a stop at the gym on mile three to do a Nautilus set on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I run 6.3 miles on Tuesday and Thursday. Weekends I take off. I started very slow (walking) and built up. Have fun.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Muzica... if you really want to hit a second cardio on your run days, I would do it after you run, not before, especially if you want to build up your running time and distance. You don't want to fry your legs before you even hit the pavement. If it was me, on my non-running days I would do my "lighter" aerobic routines and then on my running days, I would follow my run with my more intense aerobic routine. That way I would be pounding myself hard three days with lighter, recovery days in between.