23 Pounds in 60 Days! Anything is Possible.

Options
amandzor
amandzor Posts: 386 Member
I'll start off by saying I'm not shy of photos, or of myself. I am what I am, take me or leave me. But I started a new life June 1, 2014

In the span of 2 weeks I had a new apartment, a new job, new car, new gym. I was able to just toss all of the bad mojo out of my life, and find good, active things to fill it with. I've spent the last 60 days discovering why it is I overeat, and coming up with solutions to combat that.

Don't get me wrong, I -love- food, but I'm not longer going to rely on binge eating (sometimes up to 5-6,000 cals in one sitting) to feel fulfilled. I now go to the gym 4-5 times a week, am more active on weekends, but the biggest thing for me has been changing the way I eat. I log everything, everyday, and try to hold myself accountable. On lunch breaks I take a brisk walk rather than heading towards the nearest fast food place. I plan and pack all of my meals to the best of my ability and cook 7 days a week.

Pictures can sometimes be the proof that everything adds up, good or bad. So I'm sharing mine. In 60 days I lost 23 pounds at an average of about 2 pounds a week. There were weeks the scale didn't move, and weeks the scale kept dropping. The key is consistency, and never, ever, giving up on yourself. You can only fail if you quit.

2ryrivb.jpg

Replies

• LowCarbHighFatNat
    LowCarbHighFatNat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations! Truly an inspiration!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Congrats!!!!
  • jeannelabanane
    jeannelabanane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :)
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hard work, dedication and a willingness to accept that choices we make are the ones that get us into our predicaments. Way to go!!!

Definitely something to be proud of. Congrats!
  • DAWNSTEP
    DAWNSTEP Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I would love to do the same!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • shanlivestrong
    shanlivestrong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! Keep it up! It looks like you and me started off around the same weight and have the same 'goal weight'. I started at 252.4 and am down to 235.6 (weigh in is tonight actually). I'm only 30 days in and your post definitely motivates me to continue.
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great!! Thank you for posting. I was wondering how tall you are? I started at 252 and have only lost 6lbs. I don't get to the gym but have made a pretty big change in my food and walk everyday.
  • victoriawarkel
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! Doing amazing - keep up the good work.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, mam! Looking good. :)
  • nosekids8840
    nosekids8840 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • romi3772
    romi3772 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job! Inspirational.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    great job
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you are very much smaller..keep up the great work..folks with your dedication get to goal fast. I admire that.
  • glow77enil
    glow77enil Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Your statement: you fail if you quit is really a good way to look at whatever our challenges are. Thanks for sharing and motivating.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Great post and terrific accomplishment so far! You're doing great and thanks for sharing.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ... I started a new life June 1, 2014

In the span of 2 weeks I had a new apartment, a new job, new car, new gym. I was able to just toss all of the bad mojo out of my life, and find good, active things to fill it with. I've spent the last 60 days discovering why it is I overeat, and coming up with solutions to combat that.

Holy moly. That's a lot of changes. Nicely done in managing LIFE in addition to adding in nutrition & exercise changes. BRAVA!

ETA: typo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!