iPhone or Android... which is better?

Options
2»

Replies

• JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm also getting a new phone in december and have been doing some homework. If you are using Macs at home go with iphone ... otherwise these are some of the basics i will consider.

Ease of use
    iphone ... super user friendly, even those who aren't that tech savvy can use an iphone with ease. Personal experience the android is slightly less user friendly.

Battery Life
    iphone! Android runs all the background processes, multitasking which kills battery life.

Resolution
    If you are going to be watching movies, youtube on your phone like i do ... iphone 4 have a 326-DPI, 960-by-640 LCD. As for android, that will depend on who android phone you choose.

Download apps
    Both have tons of apps, Apples have more... for now. Android is still playing catch up but i wouldn't take long i suspect.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are using Macs at home go with iphone ...

Why does that make any difference?
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options

You can sync everything with ease! :bigsmile:
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had to get new phones for work. We had Verizon, but were both up on the contracts. I played with both phones and ultimately decided on the Droid X. It is incredible. The iPhone creeped me out a little because it collects data on you and automatically sends it to third parties, it's difficult to opt out of it, and I'm not sure you can. Problems with the iPhone are not as easily remedied. You have to go to an Apple location, rather than any AT & T store. I'm lucky that I live in a decently sized metro area, and we have one. My friends who live on the lakeshore have to drive 40 miles to take care of problems.

Also, for where I live, Verizon coverage is way better. The Droid has GPS navigation included, (the iPhone/ AT &T charges $10/month for it) and Verizon offers classes free to learn anything you can't figure out. Battery life is a problem, but you can download AppKiller, again, free, and it kills apps that you have not recently used. You can set it up to kill apps as much as you want. Mine is currently set to automatically stop something I've not run in an hour. Downloading music, etc., is very simple. It also comes with a Kindle app, so you can try that as well (again, free). MFP runs on it perfectly. In fact, my Android was how I discovered MFP. I searched "fitness" and there it was (again, free). Currently there are 250,000 apps available for Android, and the number grows daily. I sound like a salesperson. :) I swear, I'm not.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options

You can sync everything with ease! :bigsmile:

But the sync functionality is identical on a PC and Mac.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Ok... well I went with the Bravo that has android o/s. Because my company pays for my service and everyone in the company (managers/admin staff) have ATT I need to stay with it. Even though Verizon is better in our area I need to staff w/ ATT for the free mobile to mobile.

So, it's on the way and it should be here on Friday... I hope I like it. :ohwell:
  • multipack
    Options
    HTC Bravo, also known as Desire, excellent choice; there's an HD version too, which I'm planning on getting this March. I've a Hero and have been having fun installing the latest custom ROMs.

Personally, being an IT geek, I love this phone (Android based, the handset doesn't really matter for me)! It's so customisable, even the stock release is great. The Desire has a decent CPU and separate GPU, it really is quite good, and sets a bench mark for standard phones.

It's all about personal preference. The iPhone works well out the box, as long as you never intend on taking it out of it :P Android phones will continue to mature, especially as it's an OS of choice across so many smart phones; not to mention they're completely hackable. Remember, Mac used to work on PPC architecture, it was only a matter of time before it had no choice but to switch to Intel, and now runs MS software! I think the same will happen with the iPhone, it did innovate, but it's popularity is largely based on shiny new designs, not technicality.

It all started with GNU/Linux, the kernel that operates the Android. To revive an old computer (you know the one you thought was broken, because it's so slow, it's not the hardware it's Windows!) I'd recommend Ubuntu, you can download and use it today, right now, following this link http://ubuntu.com.

Preaching over ;D

Well done, superb decision!
  • kezereth
    Options
    Iphone everytime! How i ever lived without mine i will never know!