New Challenge Starting...Accepting New Tributes!

Options

Replies

• BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm in!!!
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes please! :)
  • mc_goose
    mc_goose Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This will motivate me to keep going to my Turbo Kick class at the gym so I can fend off the volunteer from Districts 1 & 2 :)
  • ksully913
    ksully913 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • squarerootofpi
    Options
    I definitely need a push to get more cardio and strength in. This sounds like just the challenge to do so. Sign me up please!
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    oh yes:) that sounds like fun
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun, I'm in!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Count me in, please.
  • skinnymini2552
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in, sounds interesting :)
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I volunteer
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Invites sent to everyone through golferd

Newbs, please check this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1371479-district-set-up
    once you're browsed the district threads to see which one fits you and let us know which district you'll be joining.

Welcome, and may the odds be ever in your favor!!
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm in 8)
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Do you tell us what to do or just how much time to put in? Just wondering if I could continue my own routines with this.
  • RockinShan
    RockinShan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up. Competition is Goooood !
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Do you tell us what to do or just how much time to put in? Just wondering if I could continue my own routines with this.

Great question--I think there's a pretty detailed breakdown in the "Rules" thread in the group, but I'll give you the quick and dirty version here...

The Capitol will assign strength and cardio MINIMUMS each week...how you reach those is up to you. You will be able to partner with someone in your District to combine minutes, so if one person kills it--strength wise, they can partner with a cardio-lover each week to meet their totals.

The Capitol will also throw some additional challenges your way--for example one week, you might need to do something outside, or another week, you might need to do something new and outside of your comfort zone, but for the most part, you will be able to continue with your regular routine.

As we have "winning" districts each week, they will mete out a punishment that you will do IN ADDITION to the Capitol-based challenges. It might be "do 10 minutes of planks throughout the week." This DOES NOT COUNT towards your cardio/strength minutes.

Finally, the district leader will have a district challenge for their district each week--the district leader can decide what is needed/works best for his/her district.

I highly recommend going into the group and reading those rules, since they will give you the entire shebang, but there's a brief (ha!) synopsis.
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Everyone's added through RockinShan!

Also, ChristianTeach, I sent you an invite, even though you didn't request one. Sorry!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Count me in if there is still room.
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd like IN please!