stretch marks dissapeared from losing weight?

Options
They are still slightly there but you wouldn't be able to tell unless your searching for them
f52ab315-b1f1-4049-98b4-f46c539c5276_zpsf3a404f6.jpg
yay!
Have any of you noticed your stretch marks dissapear as you lost weight?! :)

Replies

• Myamya123
    Myamya123 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It looks great! Congrats, However they didn't disappear.. you skin is just no longer stretched so much they are red. Im sure you have the little white/silver lines. Which are still stretch marks. Red/pink ones just mean they are fresh.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    well thank god they changed color, they aren't as intense and they are the color of my skin now :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This was my biggest worry, I have so many and was horrified, but this gives me hope even if they only change color, thats more than enough for me!
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yours disappeared! That's amazing, and congratulations on your weight loss.

Most of my stretchmarks are already silver, but I'm hoping with weight loss and increase muscle they'll be even less visible!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    They are just less noticeable. All stretch marks fade, they never disappear completely.

Great work on the fat loss so far!
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hope mine disappear, you look great!! Dumb question, did you take these pics using a mirror? I noticed the tats switched sides lol and it caught me off guard.
  • polkadotty88
    polkadotty88 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Palmers firming lotion is really good for stretchmarks x
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Mine went from angry red stripes (at 9 months pregnant) to completely back at the same colour as the surrounding skin. So yes - the appearance can dramatically improve.

Will they disappear completely? Unlikely. But they might get to the point where you're the only one who notices them (mine did)
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks and lol my mom took the first one and the second was from my webcam so it switches ways
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    They are just less noticeable. All stretch marks fade, they never disappear completely.

Great work on the fat loss so far!

I had some stretch marks when I was in my 20's but they just went away after a while, can not see any of them even up close so if they never go away completely they eventually blend in well enough to not be seen.
  • Courtshorr
    Courtshorr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mine faded A LOT! I used to be very self conscious of them and now I don't even think about having them. :D I promise... it gets better!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    WOW That is really awesome! Good for you.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Scars of life I try to view them as; I've experienced stuff and in their own way they are beautiful. Nobody else looks like me but me. :)

You look great and have worked hard, well done.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    awesome job, mine have faded as well with weight loss and my obgyn prescribed this compound cream that fades them too. its expensive but my insurance covered a months supply for me and its been helping with mine.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job. I keep hoping I'll be able to get my stomach looking better after getting in shape/losing the weight.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    even if they have just faded or changed color it still looks a hundred times better, and congrats on your weightloss!
  • Raisingsonshines
    Raisingsonshines Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine did get lighter! But, still there. lol
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't go anywhere, but they are flesh toned instead of red now.
  • reaperteddy
    reaperteddy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had some fresh stretch marks when I started, I've been using bio oil on them frequently and I realized today they have almost vanished - not in the way my older ones went silver and blended in, these news ones have turned flesh coloured and arent textured any more.
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    if you cant see them then yes they pretty much disappeared. i hope mine do as well .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!