HRM max rate levels

kennedar
kennedar Posts: 306 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone

So I have a Polar FT4 Heart Rate monitor that I bought a few weeks ago. I am loving it, and it is really giving me some great motivation to keep working. I have it set to record % of max HR, and in a couple of workouts, I have gone over 100%, one time I got up to 113%. It has only happened twice, but how is that possible? I know the max HR is an average and not totally accurate but 113% seems really high! Other than slowing down the workouts, does anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    I don't have an answer for you. But I have a related question for whoever answers.

I have a Polar FT7 and I have my Max Heart Rate set, but is it supposed to do something (like alert me) when I reach it? It doesn't do anything.

Thanks!
  • - kennedar: you probably need to check the setting on your HRM to ensure it has the proper heart rate zone programed for you. The max heart rate is probably set too low for you. Each of has our own heart rate zones and the charts are just averages.

- jalara: most HRM have a alarm setting. You might need to check the settins to unsure the alarm feature is switched on. Also, you can check your zone settings too.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Svackar: How do I know what the right zone for me is then? It is set to the average for my age, but obviously that is not right!
This discussion has been closed.