Big Boobs??

Options
Fellow MFPers with large boobs... how do you exercise?! I have 38DD so not even as big as a lot of people, but I find it so hard to do cardio workouts. I use t25, so it's a lot of movement obviously. But sometimes sports bras don't keep it all down, and it can be painful! getting very sick of it.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    get a better sports bra...

seriously there was a time in my like that I was 28N and ran track and played soccer and trust me it was WAY harder back then to find decent sports bras. 2014 is like the golden age with so many brands to chose from for high impact sports : goddess, champion, shock absorber, panache, enell, moving comfort, etc
  • aaamberxx
    aaamberxx Posts: 34 Member
    Options

seriously there was a time in my like that I was 28N and ran track and played soccer and trust me it was WAY harder back then to find decent sports bras. 2014 is like the golden age with so many brands to chose from for high impact sports : goddess, champion, shock absorber, panache, enell, moving comfort, etc

Ugh I know, too poor right now to get a new one. Hopefully I can eventually. But even my belly moves around to much when running, or jumping jacks, and it's just so painful. But I suppose working out isn't supposed to be fun at first ;p
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Yep get a better bra and maybe do other things besides cardio.

Do you do any weight training? How about yoga?
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Yep get a better bra and maybe do other things besides cardio.

Do you do any weight training? How about yoga?
    This.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Have you tried wearing 2 sports bras?
  • georunner316
    georunner316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain here. 32 F/G! Get a supportive sports bra. Underwire can be surprisingly comfortable while working out! My favorite is the Panache Sport bra.. they make it in wire and non wire. Good luck!
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have 38DD as well!

Yeah i have specific sports bras that are surprisingly supportive. Just make sure you buy ones that hold all ur boobs while still allowing the band to wrap all the way around snugly underneath ur boobs. It HELPS with the jiggiling but theres really no way to stop it completely.

I also like to workout with baggier T-Shirts like cut-off tees just because it makes it so much less obvious that ur boobs are bouncing that much. Tight-fitting shirts are an absolute NO for me
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You're gonna get more bang for your buck lifting weights and you don't need an expensive sports bra to do it either.
  • scrounger888
    scrounger888 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart has some of their own brand compression workout clothes that have helped me tremendously with the "Wiggle and bounce" of the bum/belly/boobs when trying to move around while exercising. I'm over 230 and it made a world of difference. They even smoothed out my many not-smooth areas and took about 20 pounds off visually, which was a nice side effect, but felt comfortable, not squishy or restrained.
  • LilMissRaptr
    LilMissRaptr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    34G here! (a.k.a. 34DDDD) I usually have to double up on sports bra's combined with a tank that has support in it. It can be uncomfortable but its the only alternative to dropping a lot of cash on a good properly fitted sports bra. Which, if you can afford it, is really the best way to go, especially if you plan and exercising regularly. "Intimacy" has some good options in larger sizes.
  • heidivenable
    Options
    I put a sports bra on over a regular bra. Probably not the best way to treat your regular bras, but it does the trick!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I started out at your size and when I ran they did bother me. Now I'm a 34d and I lift so it's not a huge issue (pun intended lol) Walking and lifting is my advice :)
  • ArmyofMom
    ArmyofMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Ugh I know, too poor right now to get a new one. Hopefully I can eventually. But even my belly moves around to much when running, or jumping jacks, and it's just so painful. But I suppose working out isn't supposed to be fun at first ;p

Wrap your chest with an ace bandage. That is what I used to do when I couldn't find a sports bra big enough. (40DDD.)
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I fork over the money for an excellent sports bra and I exercise anyway. When I started I was a EE, and my bras were $80.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options

I am also a 38DD and also have a big ol belly! honestly, it is what it is. Get a GOOD sports bra. dont buy anything sized S, M, L, XL. You need one sized like normal bra sizes They arent cheap. Amazon has some good ones, under armour, etc. They run $36-$55 or so, in my experience. Its very worth it though!!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32G and I love my sport bras from Panache! I have the same model in two colors:

http://www.panache-lingerie.com/sports/products/list/panache-sport

I have another one from Freya that's got zero bounce, but gives me bullet boob. The funky shape is worth it for the support:

http://www.amazon.com/Freya-Womens-Active-Underwire-Moulded/dp/B00C3AUTI8

The Lynx Zoom was recently well-rated in Runner's World:

http://www.lynxsportswear.com/Cross-Back-Zoom_p_26.html
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Wear 2 sports bras, and buy them a couple of sizes too small. I am a 32G, and this works just fine for me when I run and do Zumba.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38E and suggest investing in a good quality bra either from Panache or Shock Absorber.

http://www.shockabsorberusa.com/details.php?prodId=33
  • DiamondPhoenix
    DiamondPhoenix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! When I started working out I was a 42DDD and too cheap to buy a pricey sports bra. So I used a regular (old) bra and then used a cheap sports bra over it. Did the trick fine for me. My sister, also on MFP, is something like a 44 and she took my advice and does the same thing now and it helps her as well. Hope that helps!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Um, yes, working out should be fun. If you aren't being challenged and having fun, what good is that? You need to find a way to give your body the support it needs. It may cost some money, but if you don't invest, you could hurt yourself.