Ground Chicken

sk4399
sk4399 Posts: 96
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hello,
I just read a post about how to use ground turkey and one of the responses was you could also use ground chicken. I love the idea of that, but how do you get ground chicken? Grind it yourself?

THANKS!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    ...you buy it at the market...like ground beef :laugh:
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    I buy ground chicken breast from the grocery store . . . makes great chicken patties for sandwiches or just brown it for salads and such. I like it better than ground turkey breast, but eat both.
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Yah, you can grind it yourself if you have the equipment. I am sure that your local butcher shop in any supermarket has a grinder and perhaps they could grind some up for you. It wouldn't hurt to ask!
    Ground chicken does sound like a tasty option.
  • also look in the frozen food dept.
  • sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Thanks all! I just have never seen it, I will look harder : )
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    I've never seen ground chicken either but then again I have never looked for it. My hubby hates ground turkey but maybe he would like ground chicken better. Next time I go grocery shopping I will have to take a closer look also :-)
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    It is best to grind it yourself or buy the skinless breast and have the butcher grind it. The frozen or already packaged contain the skin and fat.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    I can't ever find ground chicken. My husband ''says'' he asked a grocer once & they told him you have to grind it yourself. I just stick to ground turkey bc I'm too lazy to look harder for it or grind it myself.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    U can probably find it in a Mexican meat market (carniceria).
  • Perdue has ground chicken. Look in the meat department by the Perdue chickens or near the ground turkey. That's where I find it at my store. Warning...ground chicken is much softer than ground turkey. I'm not sure why, but I've had some trouble with in the past making things like meatloaf or meatballs. Might have been the other ingredients I used. It's a great alternative to ground beef though.
This discussion has been closed.