hrm scratching my skin raw

Options
Tuala42
Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
Anyone else have this problem or am I just weird? I have a polar ft4 with the chest strap. I've been jogging 14-18 miles a week this summer and the sensor on my chest is starting to scratch me raw. I think it'll still work if I put Band-Aids there, but it will be annoying to always have to do that. Just curious, its not bad enough to stop me from jogging but wouldn't mind if there's a way to prevent it from happening constantly.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Oh OUCH! I wish I could help you! That sounds awful!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I have an ft4 but don't have that problem. Are you sure you don't have the strap too loose or too tight? I would try to adjust it and see if it makes a difference, but you may have to heal first to keep from irritating the already raw areas.
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It happened to me. Happened twice before I realized it was the HRM. So instead of tucking it right underneath my sports bra, I tuck it a bit below my sports bra now so it won't get a chance to move up & down when I run/exercise.

Edited for spelling.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If repositioning doesn't work, maybe try body glide?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Vasoline?
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Have never had any problems, probably silly questions but is it too tight or are you not washing the strap?
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a size small strap (I have a small ribcage), used to have a medium but it was too loose and always felt like it was going to slide off. I do rinse it after every use, are they machine washable? I'll try not tucking it under the band of my sports bra and see if it helps. Sunday mornings I usually go for a long jog, so I'll use band-aids tomorrow and see how things go. Thanks everyone!