Diet friendly Japanese ramen restaurant? ASAP!

Options
jopalis
jopalis Posts: 238 Member
Taking my daughter out for one of her favs, Japanese ramen. Going tomorrow so help quick if you can. I checked and one of the ramen bowls is like 700 calories. Are there any healthier options like mostly veggie and meat, chicken or fish. Want to limit the noodles and or rice and heavy sauces or broths... Help?? Thanks. The restaurant we might go to is Daikokuya in L.A.'s Little Tokyo.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just fit it in to your calorie goals

i dont understand how low calories is automatically healthier?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    just fit it in to your calorie goals

i dont understand how low calories is automatically healthier?

QFT^
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What's so unhealthy about ramen noodles and broth from a Japanese restaurant? It's 700 calories, so why not just eat less for breakfast?
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to limit the noodles and broth of ramen? ): Then... what is it?

You're going out with your daughter for her favorite meal, enjoy your time with her. :) If you're concerned about the calories then maybe take a long walk or jog to burn a couple hundred. Or, just eat at maintenance calories for that day. It's one day, just don't let it happen every day.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    700 calories is really pretty good for restaurant food. I'm not sure you can hope for much better than that.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm confused as to what part of this is unhealthy. Just make it fit your goals, or don't eat the full portion. It's honestly not that high a calorie count for a supper.