To wear or not to wears?

Options
hj1119
hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
I just bought the fitbit. I use an app to track my runs (5k run meter) and send that info to myfitnesspal.

Do I wear the fitbit on the run or not? Or do I just stop syncing run meter to mfp?

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why would you stop wearing your step counting fitness device when you perform a fitness activity that's based on taking a lot of steps?
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Why would you stop wearing your step counting fitness device when you perform a fitness activity that's based on taking a lot of steps?
    Because that would be double counting.
    He is already using an app to count runs and sync burns to MFP so no need to track and sync those runs again using fitbit.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Logged activities overwrite the Fitbit. Go ahead and wear it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    He is already using an app to count runs and sync burns to MFP so no need to track and sync those runs again using fitbit.

So that begs the question, "Why continue using the run app now that he he's wearing a tracking device?"
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options

So that begs the question, "Why continue using the run app now that he he's wearing a tracking device?"
    good question:smokin:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Runmeter will give a more realistic calorie expenditure. You can also use the historic data to track your performance improvement. Don't bother with the pedometer