Question that has nothing to do with diet

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
So for my boyfriends birthday I bought us tickets to go see the blue man group. Niether one of us has ever seen them. This is probably a silly question..but do people usually get a little dressed up when they go to shows like this? I've never been to a play or anything so I have no clue!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    not if you're in the front. You may get wet! Consider yourself warned! :tongue:

seriously, I've seen both ways, if you want to you can, but really there's no dress code. If I had to give one I'd say mid-range restaurant nice (Better than the olive garden, but not so nice as going to a friends wedding)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    If you do dress up don't sit to close to the stage. They throw liquid around right?

A snippet from one website:

Guests sitting in the “poncho section” beware, as you may get wet! Because of this, the Blue Man Group likes to encourage their guests to dress casual and wear clothing that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    I was in the 3rd row and I got drenched...they did give us ponchos though, so none of my clothes got ruined. I wouldn't dress up for Blue Man (and I didn't) because it's not "theater" even though it's at the Charles. I would say nice casual, but nothing more!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    not if you're in the front. You may get wet! Consider yourself warned! :tongue:

seriously, I've seen both ways, if you want to you can, but really there's no dress code. If I had to give one I'd say mid-range restaurant nice (Better than the olive garden, but not so nice as going to a friends wedding)

We;re not in the front lol.
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    I've seen the Blue Man Group twice now (once in Chicago and once in New York City). It's SWEET! We dressed pretty casual for both performances. You'd definitely be fine with dark jeans and a sweater (or something similar).

Have fun!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    OH MY GOSH I LOVE THE BLUE MAN GROUP! My husband and I saw them in Vegas...LOADS of fun and we dressed up a little we went to a really nice dinner at the Venecian before then straight to the Blue Man group I was wearing a nice pair of jeans and a black and white corset top with black heals, comfy but cute would be my best suggestion. The show isn't like any other "play" you'll see, if that's even the right term for it, it got my adrenaline going sooooo mcuh and really pumps up the crowd with alot of comedy! I hope you guys have so so much fun. . . but I already know you will!

P.S I just found my cd of the Blue Man Group (I bought it when I was there cause I loved them so) and it is an awesome motivation when working out:wink:
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    I definitely wouldn't wear something worth a lot of money...

They do throw paint around and drum with it...and throw lots of things out into the audience (but I'll keep what it is a surprise!).
    I would wear jeans and a nice sweater top or something - maybe something you would wear to school.

Have fun - I'm jealous!
This discussion has been closed.