Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting Fresh - Need Friends

Hi everyone!

My name is Ayla, and I'm from Michigan. I have been on and off this site for a little over three years now and have made no progress. Not because it doesn't work but because I can't stick to it. I need more motivation and determination to stay on track and do this for myself. I would love some motivational and supportive friends to help me stay on track and get fit. I always try my best to do the same in return. I will try to log on every day and log my food and reach my goals. I'm looking to lose just under 40 pounds and maybe more. I'll take what I can get because I'm sick of being the weight I am and always feeling bloated and tired. I hope to hear from some awesome people and make some long lasting friendships.

Thanks again! :)

Replies

• queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Hi Alya! I'm also having the same problems as you; my motivation for working out is always on and off! You can add me if you like and we can help each other to motivate! :) I would love to lose my muffin top so much and I've been trying so hard but the progress is extremely slow (or maybe I'm just being impatient!). It's nice to have friends to help support each other- I almost gave up recently until my friends in MFP motivates me to keep going! :D
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Add me for motivation & support
  • Are we like, the same person? I'm also from Michigan, also starting over (as of today), and also trying to lose just under 40 pounds.

I sent you a fried request, but I'm probably not the most motivational person ever.
  • marlum2
    marlum2 Posts: 5
    Hi! I feel that I have finally found the self motivation! I have in the past been fit without much work. Today I'm older and have a toddler to boot...so it's hard to find the time to exercise and keep track of what I'm eating. This app has been helping me the last couple of weeks and I've lost a noticeable 7 pounds. I'm dedicated to this (my fiancé might say obsessed) because of several reasons. I'll share my reasons if you share yours.
    As a past Goal-Setting Instructor for kids and teens in the public school system of South Florida and to help the staff in major corporations to succeed, the first step is TO WRITE DOWN ALL THE REASONS WHY REACHING THIS GOAL IS IMPORTANT TO YOU Take note, I have been paid well to show these steps . Yes, write them down, don't just say you know what the reasons are. When you write them down, your brain is seeing your needs and finding solutions. Your eyes see it and your mind visualizes it. Then, HANG IT UP IN FRONT OF YOU. On the refrigerator, on the cupboard, in your lunchbox, on your dashboard, by your nightstand, and wherever you might actually read it. each time you see it. When you do that, write to me and I'll tell you what to do next. You'll see how simple things can make a difference. Your mind is the key.
    This is a free consultation. I hope to help you achieve your goals , as I am working towards the same thing: weight loss.