Ready for Change

samboone08
samboone08 Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Samantha and I am 20 years old. I am not a ton over weight but at least 20 pounds. Being heavier runs in the family and usually starts around my age. I am trying to change that. I really would love to shed the weight fast, I know everyone would love that, but any tips or delicious recipes would be a major help! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Hi Samantha! First off...GOOD LUCK! and good for you to know your family history and work early to counteract it! I've been attending some nutrition classes to inform myself about stuff just like you're asking. My instructor said the keys to weight loss are eating enough protein, fiber, lots of water and CHEW CHEW CHEW your food! She said we should be eating 90 grams of protein a day (the average person only eats around 10), 21 grams of fiber (the average person only takes in around 5). The protein will make you feel fuller longer and the fiber will clean out all the junk as it processes through you. And the chewing sounds stupid but try it...its not as easy as you think. Try chewing each mouthful at least 20 times. You will be surprised, you will eat ALOT less & get full faster. Well, hope this helps at least a little!
  • Thanks so much for the awesome tips! Learned a few things I did not know before! Who knew we eat way too little protein!? I am definitely going to have to try that chewing bit, it will take more time to finish my food and make me realize when I am full. The water bit is hard for me, I love pop, but I have not had a pop in 5 days so I would have to say thats a great start! :)
This discussion has been closed.