what are the best workouts to loose fat?

Options
I am just curious to all the people out there who have lost weight....what workouts did or do you do? Do you need to keep your heart rate down but for a longer duration to see faster weight loss?

Replies

• Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There will be hoards of people that are going to tell you that you can't target fat loss, and it's true. Keep a calorie deficit and the fat will come off from wherever it chooses to.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    weight on the scale = bones, water, fat, muscle, etc.
    When you lose weight not all of it comes from fat. It is generally some combination of water, fat and muscle. Strength training helps minimize muscle loss, but generally makes the weight on the scale move slower. It also tends to result in more inches lost than cardio/diet alone.

I personally prefer a combination of cardio and strength. I eat at a deficit for weight loss. I exercise for the the health benefits and to look better than I would if I just did diet alone.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    fat loss comes from a calorie deficit. it;s easier to 500 calories less a day every day to lose a pound of fat a week than it is to burn an extra 500 calories in working out every day .

if you're looking at exercise as your way to lose weight then you are setting yourself up for failure and weight gain. iv'e read a few of your other posts and you stated that you gained weight because you couldnt exercise anymore. anything can happen in life where you lose the ability to workout so you shouldnt base your weight loss goals on working out
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My losses are almost entirely a result of my diet, not cardio or strength training. The workouts are for making me faster, stronger, more toned, and able to keep going longer. Entirely different goals. :)
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    you gained weight because you couldnt exercise anymore.
    I noticed that too. I've gone through knee problems, wrist problems, etc. They've truly been infuriating and set back my strength goals, but I've seen no obvious different in the rate of weight loss.