Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Scared of a stalled weight loss?!

Hello! I am an avid planet fitness goer! Have been having awesome results. Worked my way up to 50 min on the elliptical! Love that machine. Lost 5 lbs plus inches. I watch what I eat and drink a lot of water. So my question Is I have Jillian micheals dvds they get awesome results. I've been thinking what if I do the DVDs on the days I don't go to pf( only go 3 days a week), hopefully I'd have increased results. I am worried though that I will stop losing scale weight. In past times I've done Jillian I've only lost inches but I'm watching what I eat too. So what do u guys think?

Replies

• WiltedFitness
    WiltedFitness Posts: 6 Member
    You talking Jillian Michaels I hope :)
    I have had great success with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Killer Buns & Thighs, 6 week 6 pack, Ripped in 30 to name a few of the Workouts. I Workout about 4-5 times a week with these and try get 2 of the Cardio workouts in per week. I have lost about 2 lbs a week. Eating around 1200 calories but eating back what I burn. I also take vitamins to help with the low calorie level and drink about 8-12 cups of water a day. So I think if you are watching what you eat and get a good amount of cardio in you should do well will Jillians workouts! Best of luck!
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Thanks! Lol yes haha the fantastic Jillian michaels:tongue:
  • kimbelle_vie
    Anyone else? Seems like my posts never get hardly an replies.:frown:
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    If your caloric intake is less than your body burns, you lose weight. Why would adding more exercise, i.e. more calories burned, lead to less weight loss?? Just make sure you don't create too big a deficit, eat enough protein and also add some strength training to preserve muscle mass.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    You talking Jillian Michaels I hope :)
    I have had great success with Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Killer Buns & Thighs, 6 week 6 pack, Ripped in 30 to name a few of the Workouts. I Workout about 4-5 times a week with these and try get 2 of the Cardio workouts in per week. I have lost about 2 lbs a week. Eating around 1200 calories but eating back what I burn. I also take vitamins to help with the low calorie level and drink about 8-12 cups of water a day. So I think if you are watching what you eat and get a good amount of cardio in you should do well will Jillians workouts! Best of luck!

I am surprised ms michaels or whatever her name is hasn't been sued for false advertising tbh, ripped in 30, 6 week 6 pack, really?
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    If you're eating at deficit you will still lose scale weight. It might stall for a week or so due to stored water but you will still lose.

Also, no one sees the scale, are inches lost not better? Inches lost implies fat lost. Scale weight can be fat loss, muscle loss, and bone density loss.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    You might see a slight stall or gain due to water retention to repair muscles, but it is temporary. Don't let it stop you from doing the video though.
  • kimbelle_vie
    If your caloric intake is less than your body burns, you lose weight. Why would adding more exercise, i.e. more calories burned, lead to less weight loss?? Just make sure you don't create too big a deficit, eat enough protein and also add some strength training to preserve muscle mass.
    True! Never looked at it this way! Thanks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear..............so stalls are an expected event with weight loss.

And ask yourself: If you look the way you want, fit the clothes you want and people are giving you compliments on your physique, does it REALLY matter what the scale says?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member

Yep. Cardio is just for u to be able to eat more
  • kimbelle_vie
    Weight loss isn't linear..............so stalls are an expected event with weight loss.

And ask yourself: If you look the way you want, fit the clothes you want and people are giving you compliments on your physique, does it REALLY matter what the scale says?

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    It's kind of matters and it kind of doesn't. I say that because I am only 5'3 and given that plus my weight equals unhealthy BMI, etc. I love fitting in to smaller clothes but I also like being able to be assured that my scale isn't climbing either instead going down.
    Plus: in past times that is what happened. I started doing circuit training workout likes Jillian Michaels and it took me forever to love 10 lbs! I am so happy that i lost 5 pounds! I don't want to ruin the streak. But like I said I am eating a whole lot better as well
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member

IDEA Fitness member
    It's kind of matters and it kind of doesn't. I say that because I am only 5'3 and given that plus my weight equals unhealthy BMI, etc. I love fitting in to smaller clothes but I also like being able to be assured that my scale isn't climbing either instead going down.
    Plus: in past times that is what happened. I started doing circuit training workout likes Jillian Michaels and it took me forever to love 10 lbs! I am so happy that i lost 5 pounds! I don't want to ruin the streak. But like I said I am eating a whole lot better as well
    BMI isn't the best indicator of a fit body healthy body. It only relates acceptable weights for someone's height. So it sounds like weight is your measure for success, when in truth, people really don't focus on how much you weigh, but how you look and physically feel. That is unless you're posting your daily weight on your forehead. And I doubt that.

IDEA Fitness member
  • kimbelle_vie

IDEA Fitness member
    BMI isn't the best indicator of a fit body healthy body. It only relates acceptable weights for someone's height. So it sounds like weight is your measure for success, when in truth, people really don't focus on how much you weigh, but how you look and physically feel. That is unless you're posting your daily weight on your forehead. And I doubt that.

IDEA Fitness member

lol no I'm not posting my weight on my forehead. I think I'll go ahead with doing my workout DVDs like mentioned before. Thanks, you really helped out! ????