Doing Chemo/ Fighting Cancer

Options
Hi, I'm Tim. I am fighting esophageal cancer and I'm currently doing chemo now. This is been a 2 1/2 your process. My cancer recurred one year ago and have been on a regimen of taking oral cancer pills daily for the past year and supplemented by infusion chemotherapy every three weeks.

The good news is that my CT scan this week came up clean. Although I still have the seeds of my cancer still floating about and have to remain on chemotherapy, I am ready to begin the journey of healing. I am dealing with peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet. This has prevented me from any significant exercise, walking and things of this nature. I have purchased an UP wristband and am delighted with the functionality of MyFitnessPal. It is fascinating to keep a diary of the food I eat and the nutritional breakdown. I have made a modest start on this journey and I'm pleased with my progress and the tools I have here.

I am interested in making friends and sharing stories of our journey through these processes. Support is very important to our journey. All are welcome!

Wishing you the best,
Tim

Replies

• RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    Such a tough time you've had! I'm glad you're on the way to health again.

ETA: I just read your other posts. I'm in northern California -- almost on the Oregon border, in fact. I'm 64, hoping that Myfitnesspal will help me make this the last time I ever have to lose weight. I like the diary here, too, because it keeps me honest.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Praying for continued recovery Tim. Best wishes
    Deb:flowerforyou:
  • ntdcruz
    ntdcruz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Glad to hear you are doing a bit better. Scanxiety is the worst. I've seen others on here with cancer, and i myself have had 2 types of cancer and a recurrence. I think the fact that you can even think of your weight is a good sign. When i went through chemo (3 years ago to this month), it was all I could do to keep upright and make it through the foggy days. Take it slow... be nice to your body. I'd say start with just diet, keeping to whatever schedules have worked for you and perhaps just working on portions. From what I've heard, the daily chemo pills affect your taste, cause fatigue and nausea, although the nausea can be controlled. Work in limited exercise slowly if the doctor has given the go ahead.
    Best of luck on both your journeys!