does anyone log this as exercise?

Options
The wild thing? I'm trying to keep it clean. It is cardio. 30 minutes is about 150 burned calories. Just sayin' :smile:

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    depends on how badly I need the extra calories to make it under my limit .. I call it "cleaning" :wink:
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    what if you are cleaning all by your self? does that burn anything?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    depends on how badly I need the extra calories to make it under my limit .. I call it "cleaning" :wink:
    Oh my. That sure is going to make me think twice when my MFP buddies log cleaning. Especially if it's with "vigorous effort" :laugh:
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i would say it depends...if you being a starfish, no i wouldnt count it...also if you do it everyday then i would consider it part of your lifestyle BUT if you only do it once a week, then YES add it as cardio hahaha
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

I say wear a heart rate monitor. I think Polar makes a model in black leather with metal studs.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Oh my. That sure is going to make me think twice when my MFP buddies log cleaning. Especially if it's with "vigorous effort" :laugh:

.Love, love :laugh: :laugh:
  • sexygenius
    Options

lmao!!!!!
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I say wear a heart rate monitor. I think Polar makes a model in black leather with metal studs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Too Funny! Man you get all dressed up to clean by yourself!!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    where did you hear that 30 minutes=150 calories? did you wear a heart rate monitor?!
    :noway:

i've read that sex burns WAAAAY less calories than people think...
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You guys are hysterical!! I'm never entering cleaning in my log again! Oh, wait, yesterday I entered cleaning because I went up and down a ladder to my attic about a hundred times. No, REALLY. A ladder!! To my ATTIC!
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I've never heard that one, Starfish :P lol!!! That's great!! It's even funnier when everyone is trying to "beat around the bush" with clean words :P This topic made me seriously lmao!! I would log it. If it's not something you do daily, it's extra calories burned, so why not (lol @ "cleaning" by yourself") hehe
  • sexygenius
    Options
    You guys are hysterical!! I'm never entering cleaning in my log again! Oh, wait, yesterday I entered cleaning because I went up and down a ladder to my attic about a hundred times. No, REALLY. A ladder!! To my ATTIC!

going up a latter to your attic you say? is that what the kids are calling it these days? lol
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    another website......
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm going to help you out here. I'll admit it's not as wild as I thought.... Thirs site has many intensities for you to choose from, but I'll just make an assumption for you: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/fitness/exercise/sex-vigorous/
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I "clean" enough to consider it a normal part of my lifestyle and isn't something I track. But, one day we decided to see how many calories it did burn and he wore the HRM. It really wasn't an impressive amount of calories. And not near 150 calories per half hour.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing the website nammyl. The 150 calories I posted was based on my weight.....
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    on Dr. Oz last week I he said it took 58 minutes to burn even 100 calories doing it.... And cleaning (actually cleaning lol) you could do about 28 minutes and burn the same 100 calories. ha ha good post though :O)
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    if you google the topic you will be amazed what you found....wish I still had the link but found a site that a few of these listed:

petting - 15 calories
    "cleaning" standing up - 230 calories
    big O - 59 calories
    Faking It - 312 calories
    Running from partner's hubby - 1015 calories
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/activities-sexual-activity-ac14

Depends on how freaky you get, but it looks like between 78-117 cals an hour.