Polar HRM

Options
So I've decided to purchase a heart rate monitor and from all the threads, it seems as if Polar is the way to go. The FT7 has one style for men and a different one for women. Is there any difference in how they work/calculate or is the only difference the color of the device? I prefer the color of the one for men better, but would rather have accurate numbers than a preferred color.

Replies

• justahorsen
    Options
    I think it is the size (length) of the watch strap and the chest strap (which is adjustable anyway)...but I only have one and not the other so maybe someone out there has one of each and can let us BOTH know .....ps I love mine!!!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    not sure if the chest strap would be smaller on a women's model. that's the only different I can see other than the color.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I got the mens style for the colour too. Strap sizes were the same as far as I know and fit me fine.
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 - Woman's but on the settings it has a male/female choice then you enter your weight and height . I think it's more color preference than anything.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I got the F6 for women because the flowers brings out the colors in my eyes. flirt.gif
  • kianaik
    kianaik Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone. Think I'll go ahead and get the guy's.

Oooh flowers to match your eyes???