Poll: How do you feel after your cardio work out??

THISisTARRAN
THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
:smile: Poll: How do you feel after you work out? I'm talking adjectives like: "almost dead, obliterated, extremely tired, worn out, barely able to walk" or do you not feel it? And how fast are you losing weight? Meaning how many LB/week?

I am asking because I am at a plateau and I talked to a personal trainer today and he told me that I need to increase the intensity or time of my work out and add in strength training a couple times a week. So today instead of doing my usual 3.5 mph varying incline level 5 intensity for 25 minutes on the treadmill I did the same 25 minutes at 3.7 mph and level 6 intensity (sitll varying incline)... But I don't really feel EXHAUSTED like I did orginally when I started my working out back in October. I did sweat a lot more while working out because my body had become accustomed to the other. (** I also do other work outs, but so far this is the only one I have changed, I plan on doing the rest later today **).

If you would like to include your normal cardio work out in your reply too, that would be cool. Thank you! :)

:flowerforyou: -Tarran

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    I feel awesome! Cant sleep for hours! And I lost weight like it was nothing. Do P90X and it will do it for ya.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    like i'm dying...but it's a good dying lol
  • I usually jog at 5.2 mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then either use a stationary bike moderately or a stair stepper for 20 minutes. I guess my body is used to working out because I usually feel pretty awesome afterwards! I tend to feel satisfied and exhilarated. I sweat a LOT, and even though my muscles may feel tired after a workout, in a way I feel more energized and a bit hyped-up. :)
  • I feel amazing! I get the feeling like I want to stop then I push through it and it is replaced with this amazing drive and high that feeds my will to push harder which is why I think i'm up to 90 minutes of cardio, daily. 60 on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill and I still think I could keep going but my knees say cut it out lol.
  • I usually jog at 5.2 mph on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then either use a stationary bike moderately or a stair stepper for 20 minutes. I guess my body is used to working out because I usually feel pretty awesome afterwards! I tend to feel satisfied and exhilarated. I sweat a LOT, and even though my muscles may feel tired after a workout, in a way I feel more energized and a bit hyped-up. :)

yes!!!!! that's exactly how I feel.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    My favourite cardio workout is my elliptical trainer. After an hour on there at level 6, my legs are rubbery and shaky, and it feels like they won't support me going up the stairs out of the basement. This lasts for about 5-10 minutes and then I am good. I am usually a sweaty mess, but my breathing never really gets out of control.

When I started it, 10 minutes at level 2 was enough to wind me. I gradually increased time, and then intensity. Every time I wanted to go up an intensity level, I would go 10 minutes at current level and then 5 minutes at the next higher level, and gradually increase until I could do my full workout at the next level. I know it is time to move it up when my heart rate doesn't climb as high and when my legs are not rubber after an hour. However, I am now at 60 minutes at level 6 with only 2 more levels in front of me.

I base my intensity on my heart rate. When I do my cardio on there, I want to see my heart rate over 150. When it won't stay up there, I start adding more to the intensity or duration. I wear my HRM because I don't like holding on the sensor handles and I don't find they are all that accurate anyways.

I am down 48 pounds in 7 months. I only have about 15 pounds to go to my goal, so things are slowing down a little bit. I know that last of the weight will be the hardest to get off.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Hungry!!!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I know when I am "in the zone" at the right intensity if my face gets BRIGHT red and it takes me about 15 minutes after Im finished my workout to catch my breath and for my rubbery legs to feel good enough to walk properly again.
    For the most intensive period I constantly think "can I keep going at this pace" and am not 100% confident I can, but I seem to be able to push through it.
    You need to do some activity at that intensity, about an 8 or 9 out of 10 (for example) to really get the good benefits. If Im doing a 30 minute workout, the first 5 minutes is warmup, the next 10 is slowly getting up the intensity, then 10 minutes at the highest intensity I can muster, then the last 5 for cooldown.

I've slacked off a bit in the last few months so my weight loss has slowed down, but Im still losing about 5 or 6 pounds per month. When I am more dedicated to my activity I was losing about 8-10 pounds per month, but that is combined with a VERY clean eating lifestyle and sticking to my daily calorie limits.
  • great :)
  • Dalejr
    Dalejr Posts: 17 Member
    I feel awesome when I am done.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Hungry!!!!!

ditto... Like I could gnaw the leg off of a draft horse
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    I generally feel tired and a bit shaky in the legs, but I also feel happy and sexy too.:-)

Shannon
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    I have started doing my cardio at a 11% incline at 3.5 mph. sometimes I go 3.8. the last ten minutes I normally have to remind myself that I can do this, come on...you know the routine.
    you might try jogging, i myself cant jog due to an ankle fusion.

i go to the gym 6 days a week....cardio every day and strength train 3 days....non strength days i do an hours of cardio, 30 on weight lifting days.

I dont really go by lbs lost but more how my clothes fit me. I can tell that I have lost a lot in my thighs and butt. sadly stomach area not as much. seems it is always the last to go.
  • Considering my cardio lately is HIIT related. Usually feel like $#17 on a stick. And if I don't feel like I want to die or like I am dying when I'm done then I haven't worked hard enough. For steady state cardio, bored out of my mind usually and feel as though I've not really done much of anything.
This discussion has been closed.