HRM question

MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Right now, I have a sportline HRM but have been looking into others. With my sportline, I have to stop and hold the button every few minutes in order to find my accurate heart rate (and it's rarely ever accurate).half the time it doesn't even find it!!!

anyways was just wondering if there are any HRMs that automatically retest your heart rate while you're exercising so that you dont have to keep stopping to do it??

or are they all like the one i have?

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Good question! I don't know much about HRM's...I have my Sportline and love it but didn't know there might be an option for one that just keeps track while you are working out. I'm so used to trying to take my HR while running or whatever I may be doing...LOL!

I know they have HRM's that strap around your chest and those are supposed to be the most accurate...Now that I think about it I assume that one would just keep track of your HR automatically...
  • I have a Schwinn XT or something like that. It has a chest strap which is the most accurate way to get your heart rate and calorie burn. Polar makes some nice ones, but they were out of my budget. You can find the Schwinn one on Amazon for less than $45.

Hope this helps :)
  • fitchick75
    fitchick75 Posts: 4 Member
    I have a Polar F6 that I love. You wear a chest strap and the watch. You never have to press any button. Just look at the watch and you can see you heart rate, calories burned, and how long you have been working out.
  • katrina1025
    katrina1025 Posts: 74 Member
    I have the F11 and I love it. The chest strap monitors are the only ones that will monitor continuously. I tried to find one without the strap thinking i would hate it, but I hardly even notice it. The F11 keeps track of your weekly exercises, calories burned, and time of exercises. At the end of the week it tells you if you have reached your previously set goals. Or it tells you if you've been a slacker! It also sets a target heart rate based on your fitness level and fitness goals. It has a little arrow that points up or down depending on if you are working in or out of your target heart rate. My chest strap also links up with most cardio equipment that has a heart rate monitor function. Its a few years old and I just had to change the batteries. I think I got it online at Heart Rate Monitor USA.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.