Stop stressing the number..

Options
I just logged my food for today and MFP said.. "if every day were like today, you would weigh xxxx in xxx weeks."

I didn't nearly eat enough for my goals, today I hit chest and back hard and only ate 1600 calories. It does not make a difference the number on the scale. And yet time and time again people on here are so concerned by that number. I once was the same way. I weighed 159 and I thought it was awesome. Now i go back and look at pictures and just see how anorexia I looked.

I just think everyone needs to learn to look in the mirror or take pictures to see a difference. I did P90X and I only dropped about 5 pounds on the scale, but I looked great. I haven't gained much on the scale but I don't look as good as I did, hence why I started P90X again today.

I'm just venting a bit and letting everyone know, that there is no magic number for the scale.

Replies

• Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's totally true...

I am at my peak of fitness right now...and I used to be 5 pounds less but nowhere NEAR the cut legs, toned shoulders, and sexy abs I have now! I am bigger built and know my body cannot ever be anoxeric-thin like other models.

I also focus more on how I'm feeling and what I'm seeing in the mirror!! Way to go - we gotta stick together :)
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    That's totally true...

I am at my peak of fitness right now...and I used to be 5 pounds less but nowhere NEAR the cut legs, toned shoulders, and sexy abs I have now! I am bigger built and know my body cannot ever be anoxeric-thin like other models.

I also focus more on how I'm feeling and what I'm seeing in the mirror!! Way to go - we gotta stick together :)

Couldn't of said it better!
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is so much easier said than done. Especially if you really need/want that number to drop! I too have been doing P90X and I love it and I feel great. I can also notice a difference in my clothes, but that damn number on the scale is NOT cooperating! I find it sooooo discouraging. It took everything I had to get up this morning and do my workout. In fact if my other half hadn't of elbowed me in my mouth when I crawled back into bed I am sure I would have stayed there!! lol. I am on day 70 today and I felt so close to giving up, just because of that number on the scale. I won't, I promise, I can not come this clsoe to being a P90X graduate and give up, but I tell you I need/want some validation on the scale!!!
  • TessaL221
    TessaL221 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I totally agree... I know the number isn't supposed to mean so much, and I know from experience it really doesn't. After my 2nd child I weighed 180 lbs and wore a size 17 juniors (idk y I thought juniors was a good choice, but live and learn)... today I weigh 210, but am working out rather than just dieting and see my body look tighter and better than it did at that 180.
    My point is, even though I know I look better than I did at that 180 lbs of flab, I NEED to see the one hundreds again... someone told me once you hit 200 you never go back, and I HAVE to prove them wrong!!
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    That is so much easier said than done. Especially if you really need/want that number to drop! I too have been doing P90X and I love it and I feel great. I can also notice a difference in my clothes, but that damn number on the scale is NOT cooperating! I find it sooooo discouraging. It took everything I had to get up this morning and do my workout. In fact if my other half hadn't of elbowed me in my mouth when I crawled back into bed I am sure I would have stayed there!! lol. I am on day 70 today and I felt so close to giving up, just because of that number on the scale. I won't, I promise, I can not come this clsoe to being a P90X graduate and give up, but I tell you I need/want some validation on the scale!!!

Use the pictures to compare. Trust me, P90X works. You have probably lose lots of body fat. You don't want to lose to much 'weight' because it is probably muscle.

I used to weigh 159, now I weigh 193ish. But I think I look better than I did at 159. No one wants to pick a fight with me now. ;)

P.S I just started my third round, and the only thing keeping me going is knowing the scale might not change, but the pictures at the end of the month will.