30 Day Shred

Options
Hello,
I've decided to change my workout. I was doing P90X but got burned out on it and dwindled down to nothing at all. I just picked up the 30 Day Shred video today and am going to begin it in the morning! I was wondering if anyone would like to join me on day 1 with The Shred and keep eachother accountable! Together we can make this SUPER fun!
Also, does anyone know how to track it on MFP exercise???
Thanks so much! :happy:

Replies

• mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm at the end of week five of P90x right now or I'd definitely join you. I used the shred to get ready for my wedding last May and it totally did the trick. I'm sure you'll like it!

The best way to enter it in MFP might be to track your heart rate and calculate your calorie burn based on your average heart rate.

Good luck!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I track it as circuit training.
  • krledvina
    krledvina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 day Shred video and I did it tonight! I am committed to the next 30 days!
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am committed!! I began it a few weeks ago and gave up!! But seeing how there is close to 30 days til the Christmas I am back in the game....
  • driscollmc
    Options
    i'm on the 30 day shred day 7 and i LOVE it. you might not lose too much weight, but you will be in SUCH great shape. my legs already look amazing! keep me updated on your progress!! i log it as circuit training and since i'm on level 2 now i log it as 350 calories burned
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    I WILLL!!! I love shred and need something to help me get through the holidays without putting on any LBS. I googled it this summer and then added it to my exercise log, average for my weight 157 is.....35minutes burns 325 calories. Great burn since you are added muscle :)

Add me and we can do a 30 day challenge together!
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I will join you :)

I'm starting tonight and doing the whole Jillian 30-day Slimdown. LOVE exercising...sweating up a storm only equals a sexy bod!

For calories, I also track it as Circuit training. The 20-minute exercise burns about 170 calories for a 140-pound woman (me). That's another snack to eat!!!

I'll be supporting you along the challenge!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm with Patty... I began a few weeks ago and gave up... I'm all for starting again and being held accountable by the group!
  • raemathis
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of P90X but I will definately try the Shred next!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I would but am traveling for the next week. I've entered it in as circut training for 20 minutes. Enjoy it!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I started this morning and I was sweating up a storm when I was finished. I log as circut training as well. Good luck everyone!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    Yay to all of you!!! Anyone who wants to join me...let's do this! :) Good luck to all of you on your journey's!
  • LizzyAngel
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the site... and this will will be my first challenge.. I am in! Add me as a friend, lets start tomorrow!!!!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,:smile:
    I hope everyone is having wonderful day! I managed to get up at 5:15 to shred. I've been doing the P90X (lean version) for a couple weeks and then on Thanksgiving I kinda just stopped. I was so tired and drained and I am sure I was overdoing it. My body is not ready for that. I'm hoping to try again on the 1st of the year. so what better way to gear up for that again than the 30 day shred!:laugh: I love that it's only 20 minutes too!
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Hi!!

Can I still join? I was going to start again today!

I completed all but three days a few months ago and then switched to Insanity. I found I wasn't seeing the results that I did with the Shred!! And like the PP (previous poster) said it started to burn me out and dwindled to absolutely nothing in the past two weeks!! UGH!! I feel just gross since stopping the workouts!
  • kgs0201
    Options
    mmaaannnn we've only been at this for three days? how's everyone else doing? i've only done it the last three days because of this group so thank you for making me feel like I have to :-)

Also - has anyone else noticed that during the static squats with bicep curls exercise, after jillian talks about how Natalie is doing the more advanced move and she moves on to talk about the other girl... Natalie stops doing the static lunge for a couple seconds!!! CHEATER!! :-P
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    LOL I didn't notice that...I'll have to look next time I do it, WHICH IS TONIGHT!!!

Booya...I still feel it from yesterday with the Weights one...

So excited to see how I look by Christmas!
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Completed L1 D3 yesterday (Saturday).. I missed two days because I had to go out of town, but am back at 'er and committed to doing this everyday!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! :D
  • kgs0201
    Options
    I'm doing day 4 today.. missed the last two days because of insane amounts of moving cabinets and other commitments. My body is yelling at me to do it! It just makes me feel like such a healthy person when I'm committing myself to exercise :-)
  • kgs0201
    Options
    Did day 5 today and I must say... the part where Jillian says "I bet those of you on day 5,6,7 are seeing a huge difference in your endurance"... soooooo true! I didn't think I was going to die today during the last strength exercise!