any ideas to get motivated?!

Options
hi all.

im ok with my eating, watching what i eat and how much i eat - my problem is lack of motivation to exercise.
I work part time in a call centre, so half my time is spent sitting at a desk on the phone and when im home i just dont want to get up and exercise.
I have exercise equipment, have seen good videos oon you tube that will help me - i just dont have the motivation to do them!
I dont have the confidence to join a gym!

if the hatred i have for my big tummy isnot enough motivation - what will be!?

Replies

• FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    hatred is never a good motivator. why not do it for your health? or getting the control back in your life? do it for true self love. attitude is everything when it comes to accomplishing your goals. just go for walks when you get off of work, before work, or after dinner. The more you keep walking will be the further you get away from the couch and cant quit because you haven't made it back home again. Just Do It like Nike says. Fake it 'till you make it. I have to force myself a lot of times to get out and do my walks but I know I will feel great once I am out and about. A stoke or heart attack can happen to anyone no matter their age. Being overweight increases that risk. This is my big motivator.
  • naturenatty
    naturenatty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to go to a gym even though you don't want to--if you really want to get rid of that tummy fat. Gyms are actually very relaxing after working out! You'll notice the difference after a few weeks!
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    at first, you just have to force youself to do it, then after a few weeks you will want to
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Girl you need to love yourself enough to do it, hatred isn't a good motivator!!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult to start an exercise program. Once it becomes a habit, it's much easier, and when you start seeing results, you don't want to stop. I think you just have to do what you did to start losing weight - make a decision to do it and stick with it until it becomes a habit. Even if it's just walking as FindingAmy said. You don't have to use equipment and videos, walking is excellent exercise, especially to start with.

I have days when I don't feel like getting off my behind and going to the gym, bit I do it because it's a habit and I love the results. And I always feel great afterwards! You can get there!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Could I give you a pep talk and get you pumped or guilty enough to get you to the gym today - maybe.

Could I say anything to you that's going to make enough impact to get you to the gym regularly for any length of time - no.

The kind of motivation you're speaking of - the kind that's going to be there for the long haul - can only come from inside.

When you want it enough - truly want it enough - your motivation will find *you*.

So for today - go get'em tiger!

For tomorrow and the days that follow - I sincerely hope you find what inspires you! :flowerforyou:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I agree with the force yourself to do it comment. Ex coach potato here. I now exercise 6 days a week unless i am ill.
    The motivation comes from how you start to look and how you feel as you progress. You can do it.

p.s fitnessblender.com has some great exercises for many levels