1200 cal is NOT enough

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh please. One was written by an RD. I really don't think your own personal observations from time spent in MFP forums on what percent of people fail at what calorie levels is more authoritative.

Besides, I posted a peer reviewed meta-analysis that refuted your whole premise and you ignored that.

And "Dr." Oz is supposedly a "doctor" too and yet he gives terrible "advice". This is the problem we have today with a lot of people. No one questions anything. If it's on TV or written by some "reputable" media source(Oprah, HuffPo, Livestrong etc), they take it as gospel. I see my own mother falling for this crap all the time. People need to do what works for them, of course. However, you can't deny there is a *kitten* ton of horrible advice out there from some allegedly more "authoritative" sources.

If 1200 isn't working, all anyone is suggesting is that maybe it's not enough food and for a good majority of people, it is not. Perhaps the way the post was worded wasn't well thought out but that's the gist of it.
  • monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww......I go to the forums just to see the memes - where are the sarcastic memes!
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That was my point so how are you contradicting me? Basically what I am trying to say is that most people should not be eating so little, especially people around my height and weight.

Keyword most. Title would have been accurate if it read "1200 cal is NOT enough for most adults"

Yep, than I guess I am not most of them. 1200 cal is just fine for me.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    sadly I'm the height of a small child (4'11") so my allowance is 1200 calories
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate this guideline, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.