Calling all tall females!!!

Options

Replies

• liuthail
    liuthail Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only 6' female who is does not have a "large frame".

Girl, if you're 6'0" and can pull off 160 or lower without looking like a drug addict then you're lucky as hell. At 16 I was 155 and I will never be that weight again. My body filled out and that was the end of that.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11"' and currently weigh 196. When I tell my friend I still want to lose 20-30 lbs, they do not believe me. My goal right now is 175. It's nice to be able to hide the weight, but I also have to lose between 20-30 lbs before anyone notices it.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind BMI charts aren't completely accurate. Lose whatever it takes to be comfortable in your own skin. No one else matters.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have a small frame and always did amazing at the guess your weight booth at fairs. All my life I have weighed more than people would guess, way more.

Now having lots weight I get the don't lose any more, you've lost more than enough, you should find out your ideal weight you must be there. I'm barely in my ideal weight zone. I'm happy with how I look and if I want to lose 5 more lb then I will. :)

But I totally understand how lucky we tall girls are to carry outer weight well.
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only 6' female who is does not have a "large frame".

Nope. I am only 5'10", but my ultimate goal weight is close to 145. I'm sittin' at 166 right now, which I realize is a goal weight for many tall women. But I'm just not happy with my BF% at this weight.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am 5'9" and the taller I stand, the less obvious my weight issues are.
    Each to their own though.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes, so much so for Christmas people would buy me things sized medium, when I wear an extra large.:ohwell:

I'm 5'10 and have large bones and when I was 200 lbs. no one believed me.

I'm 173-176ish now and I plan to tighten up my tummy area but after that the number it is what it is---hopefully floating around 170.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

Nope. I am only 5'10", but my ultimate goal weight is close to 145. I'm sittin' at 166 right now, which I realize is a goal weight for many tall women. But I'm just not happy with my BF% at this weight.

I'm also tall with a super small frame. I'm 5'11 and I'm aiming for 150. I have bird bones - lol.
    Actually, I have been doing strength training lately and have gained a fair bit of muscle. I may wait until I get down to around 165 and reassess then if I still think I want to go down to 150. I'm at 185 now.
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.7 1/2 (closer to 5'8) and when I decided to lose weight (I started at 155 lbs) everyone was like "you're not fat, you don't have weight to lose, etc" but I knew that I felt large and uncomfortable in my own skin.

2 years later- down 25 lbs (I fluctuate between 129-133) people always tell me that I need to eat more, but I am well within a normal body weight for my height.

I guess we are lucky people to be tall and be able to carry our weight well, but it is funny when I talk to people who think I weigh 120 lbs, etc. that I actually weight quite a lot more.
  • ChelseaWelseyKins
    ChelseaWelseyKins Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I get it. I was around 160 before, I'm 5'8, and I guess it didn't really show under clothes? I'd tell my friends I was going on a diet and going to lose some weight (I'm 131 now, still going down a LITTLE more) and they would tell me "You don't need to!" "You're skinny already!"

However, it's not about how skinny you LOOK, it's about how HEALTHY you become and how it makes YOU happy. Some people get it, others don't. Don't sweat it too much :) Keep on with your newfound lifestyle!
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am 5'7, not very tall but taller than average, and I weight 171, but look around 150. When I was 150, I looked 135! 150 is my goal.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Just under 6 feet.

I have 50 lbs to lose. People think I'll be too thin if I lose it.
  • kbryandmore
    kbryandmore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft. & I know what you mean. I just found a website called mybodygallery.com and it helped me find a realistic goal weight range. 200 on someone tall looks like 140 on someone 5'5. Keep going toward your goal, but maybe keep the particular numbers to yourself. Good luck!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Tall + Females = Tamales right?
  • zoelawliet
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well and definitely yes!! My highest weight was around 180 and currently I'm around 140. I find it hard to tell if I've lost any weight unless it's around 10lbs. It's a little annoying, but what can we do?
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2". It took 40ish lbs lost before anyone noticed. It also took about that long to lose a pant size. Those that see me regularly that have asked what my goal is seem shocked that I need/want to lose another 40ish pounds from where I am now. I need to lose 30lbs before I'm in the normal weight BMI for my height.
  • robinm5570
    Options
    I am 6 ft and 219. I agree that if you lose 30 pounds no one notices. My friend and I were discussing this last night. She is 5 10. If you do lose 30 pounds you are lucky if you drop 1 size. I am lucky that my expections have always been realistic. I am happy in a 14. If I can get in a 12 I am thrilled but its difficult to maintain. Currenly in a 16 but refusing to buy anything bigger I am working to get back to my 14. I know this will take about 40 pounds. My short freinds can lose 10 pounds and eveyone is like OMG you look great.

My husband thinks Im perfect and beautiful and loves me no matter my size. Its me who can beat myself up.

Its really more about how we feel out ourselves and that we are in good health.

And....tall women age better if you ask me. :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

I'm also tall with a super small frame. I'm 5'11 and I'm aiming for 150. I have bird bones - lol.
    Actually, I have been doing strength training lately and have gained a fair bit of muscle. I may wait until I get down to around 165 and reassess then if I still think I want to go down to 150. I'm at 185 now.

This is me as well. Not so much small framed, but unhappy with body fat percentage even though technically I hit "goal". I'm sitting at 167 right now and would like to move down to 159 with more muscle and less fat. It's a slow process.

Also, I used the "you carry it well" thing as an excuse for wayyy too long. It was easy to pretend I didn't "appear" fat even though I was 210 pounds. People, trying to be kind, would tell me I looked fine and I let myself believe it even though I knew better deep down.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello!

6'0 tall and proud of it! :bigsmile:

My starting weight on MFP was 215, I'm now at 183. When I have told people what I weighted before they were shocked!
    I have a large frame so I'm going to 173. Anything below 170, I believe, is to small for me.
  • melicr
    melicr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I"m 140 people have told me that I look like 110 lbs :s give us tall girls a break! :D Now I just have some fat to lose... and I'm working on it ...