Tips to lose without counting

Options
2»

Replies

• Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    Well wether you all believe it or not I have actually gotten some tips from here. :wink: and you've given me some good ideas.

You guys are awesome !

[__] [__] [__] [__] [__] [__] [__]

^^ ice cream for everyone!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    To oversimplify it, fill up on veggies, then have your protein and carbs.
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking of. But if you were going that way, there's absolutely no reason to pay what BB charges for a few containers, exercise DVDs you could easily replace with free workouts on cable or online and info you can find for free on the internet.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, OP!
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'd automatically be in a deficit if I ate healthy most of the time.
    I'm afraid meanies are going to come out in droves and point out just how completely wrong you are...
  • Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
    I'd automatically be in a deficit if I ate healthy most of the time.
    I'm afraid meanies are going to come out in droves and point out just how completely wrong you are...

You will if you eat the correct portions. ;) I didn't say you should eat a truck of potatoes Lol
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Get various sized Tupperware? I've seen basically that sold as a "fix" for people with portion control problems. Designate a size for a type of food and only eat what you can fit in the container.

I luckily don't have too much trouble with portions anymore after 2 years of counting. I just eat too often I think. I should cut out snacks and eat at set times.
    I think that's a great idea. I use it.

There are many books on intuitive eating, with a lot of great ideas.

You don't need to turn off your intellect to incorporate eating intuitively. If you know pizza is something you can really only have a slice of, even if you want a second, have a side salad instead. Your mouth wants a second. If your body is really hungry for more food, a salad will cure that. Save the pizza for your next meal time, if you really must have more of it.

One thing I've started doing is instead of expecting my body to shout "I'M FULL!" I stop eating as soon as the thought crosses my mind, "Could I possibly be satisfied now?" Or when the food no longer tastes great. I find I keep eating somehow hoping that 20th bite might be as good as the first one when I was really hungry, but it never is. Just stop. It takes practice but you can learn it. I tell myself, "It's not like I can't eat more in an hour if I truly did stop too soon."

I think people have a lot of fear over hunger and undereating, especially here. Look at all the threads about it. It's ironic, given overeating is the real epidemic.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest reading nia shanks.com, she has a great approach to nutrition if you don't want to count calories. Try the archive section of the website.