heart rate monitor - band sizing/alternate ideas???

Options
Ok - I would love to use a HRM, however, I am way too large for any of them I have found. Has anyone ever heard of a chest strap that is way adjustable or a way to hook one to a bra (yes female here lol) in that same spot where the chest strap would be worn? Or a way to add on or expand the size of the strap that a non-sewer could do? All ideas welcome.

Replies

• aldrmctchr
    aldrmctchr Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    could i velcro it to the inside of the band where it would normall y be put maybe?
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    One way to do it would to buy 2 straps and chain them together. You would only need one of the sensors so you might be able to find just the strap portion. I am making the assumption that you are using a soft strap with a removable sensor.

The other way would be to take the strap to an alteration place and have them extend the elastic. As long as you leave the contact patches alone and extend the hook ends you should be fine.
  • TheMannon
    TheMannon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A friend used a head (sweat) band to connect the straps
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Can a non-sewer buy this? :D. I notice no reviews though, so I don't know if it'll do what you want. I suspect you could even buy multiple if needed. Please know that the strap has to be worn tight to hold the transmitter against your chest and work correctly. Stretching it six to eight inches is what I've seen on a Polar troubleshooting document

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DD2UJBM?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
  • goingbicyclecrazy
    Options
    I saw a video where a lady had to use her sports bra to keep it in place. The strap is supposed to go in the same place anyways. Good luck to you, and keep fighting the good fight.