No control after Thankgiving :(

Options
2»

Replies

• tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ... you just need one good day to get you back on track...just one good day...

I could not agree more!!! Every time I have a day where I let loose just a little, it makes it so hard to get back on the next day. Whether it's thanksgiving and I ate a little more, or a night out on the town with a few drinks... It's so easy to just make that into a few days, etc. It's hard, but I have to force myself into one day that's all good, and that's all it takes to get over the slump. "just one good day" is sooo true for me. Hope it works for you! Make tomorrow THE day!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    My Thanksgiving eating turned into a full weekend eating. I am back on track today. All the good stuff finished yesterday so it was easy to get back on track today.

Some people are good on not having treat days, or eating alot on family gatherings....my hat off to you.

I am not, and I don't think I ever will. All I can do is get back on track as soon as possible, and kick it up a notch when I do get back on track.

You can do this, just insist tomorrow is the day for you....

Goodluck
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Just know it's 100% mental. So there's no reason you can't do it!
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I don't think it is really a good idea to have an all out break, like a Thanksgiving feast. Personally, I think it makes it hard to get back as it feels so good to eat like we used to.

My experience has been the same. I find its much easier to stay committed to my daily calorie limits and exercise if I dont allow myself cheat days. Its so much harder for me to get back to my routine if I break it.

That being said, I think there is some great advice here about just putting the last few days behind you and getting back into your old routine.

Any way of convincing the boyfriend to get behind you? I've recently convinced my other half to join me in exercising and to support me in my food choices (he eats what I eat at home - he does whatever he wants when I am not around!) and it is so much easier.