Friend Me?

Options
Hello! I've been on here for a while, (don't use the forums too often) but I was wondering if anyone wants to be my friend,
I've started using this again for about a week and a half, (almost 5 days in a row) I need motivation :P :)
I did have 2 questions:

1) I work at McDonalds and run around like crazy (I work 4 hr shifts 3-4 days a week) should I be counting that as exercise?) I'm pretty lazy other wise)

2) Should I eat my exercise calories? Some of them back, or all? etc?

Thanks!
& Feel free to add me :)

-Mike

(P.S.) I have some mental health issues so I that's why I need to stay on track with this! (for my health to improve!) :)

Replies

• JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'd just put your profile as lightly active. The activity level accounts for lifestyle. And eating back calories depends on the person. Some say no, some say only a portion, often half. If you're hungry, I'd say eat (reasonably). Sending request :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Mike, since you move around a lot during work, you can set your day to day activity level as "lightly active" rather than sedentary. Another option is to purchase a fitbit or some other step tracking device, keep your account as sedentary and let the device log the additional activity from lots of walking for you.

I eat back at least a portion of my exercise calories. The suggested calorie burn given by machines and even MFP tend to be quite high, so many users stay at 50-75% of exercise calories eaten back. After a few months of logging accurately, you can adjust your food or exercise calories as you deem fit
  • MPJ737
    MPJ737 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thank you! :)
    I set it to lightly active, I did have a fit bit, but I seemed to have lost it :S lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thank you! :)
    I set it to lightly active, I did have a fit bit, but I seemed to have lost it :S lol

You should find it and send it to some other chick that needed one hahaha :)
  • MPJ737
    MPJ737 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    haha! :P I literally just found it! :D YAY!