What's my activity level?

Options
I exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week (strength training and HIIT most of the time), but I'm pretty sedentary for the rest of the day. I just can't figure out my activity level; most sites say that my exercise renders me "active", but I don't know if sitting in a desk for 8 hours makes me move down to "sedentary".

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'd think BMRx1.4 at least. Depending on how intense your 30 minutes are. Hard to say without a Heart Rate Monitor.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    For mfp purposes you are sedentary. All your exercise calories get logged and you eat them back.
  • johnseitz
    Options
    I feel guilty when I enter any exercise data that gives me extra calories to eat....jus sayin
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation - sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, then come home a sit in front of the computer for the most part. However I walk frequently and work out at the gym 4-5 times a week.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I've put myself down as sedentary and then I log all the exercise.

Will keep an eye on this thread as I'm interested too, thanks for posting the question.