Deadlift Success

Options
I just had to crow to somebody about today's workout.......

I threw 250 in a deadlift, easy peasy. :glasses:

I just did one rep, but I think I could have done another. I didn't want to overdo it! :laugh:

Next stop....300! :drinker: Thanks for listening!

Replies

• TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! Very, very cool. I got a PR on Bench Saturday with 285. Isn't it amazing to have a number to put on how much stronger you are now then you once were?
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Wow 285! Well, done! Unfortunately, 250 isn't my PR - I hit that about 28 years ago, but I've been away for a while, so this is a good start. Especially since 6 months ago 145 for 3 just about kicked my *kitten*! I don't know if I'll ever get back to my PR (I weighed 25 pounds more then), but as long as I keep improving, I'll take it!

Keep up the good work!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    *gawp* Wow, that is awesome!!! My efforts pale in comparison!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Not at all! We all have to start somewhere. Keep in mind I've been weight lifting (at least off and on) for 30 years, so I've got a lot of underlying muscle mass, even when I buried it under a nice layer of insulating fat!

Unfortunately, advances in weights come sloowwwly, so a lot of people lose patience and give up. Just keep training and pushing yourself a little more each time, and you'll see your personal best continue to improve. Don't go too fast, or you risk injury. You body will tell you when it's ready for more - listen to it. Good luck!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Wow 285! Well, done! Unfortunately, 250 isn't my PR - I hit that about 28 years ago, but I've been away for a while, so this is a good start. Especially since 6 months ago 145 for 3 just about kicked my *kitten*! I don't know if I'll ever get back to my PR (I weighed 25 pounds more then), but as long as I keep improving, I'll take it!

Keep up the good work!

I just got back into things myself after a few years. The most exciting thing for me was my former PR on bench was 275, set 11 years ago in high school at a bodyweight of 265. Now, at 50 lbs. lighter, I'm the strongest I've ever been. My wife is getting into lifting for the first time, and she gets really excited when she does a higher weight. She's not ready to do any max's yet, but at 113 bodyweight she can bench 75x5 and squat 85x5 below parallel. She's only 5" tall, very flexible, with slightly thicker arms and legs. Basically the perfect lifting body type.